9 - (4) - Different [Responses].

Things were different for me in the last month, and I had a hard time pin-pointing why.

It was an odd statement, sure; but it held validity considering recent events.

Perhaps it was my mannerisms, or how I was going about my daily day-to-day life, but I had noticed some odd differences that had arisen within my daily activities.

It was quite common for me to do the exact same thing every-day without fail, nothing changing about how I preform my daily life except the occasional hang-out with the Ayanokouji Group or discussion with Horikita.

But I realize now, that that isn't how it is anymore.

Especially during our lunch period.

Usually during lunch I'd do various things, these "things" consisting of talking with Kei, eating lunch with the Ayanokouji Group, discussing various strategies with Horikita about potential upcoming special exams, or reading with Hiyori - it would change every single day of the week.

But now... some of those events had become much more rare.

Where originally it had been me doing one of those things mostly just due to coincidence or circumstances by which I was forced to do them, I had begun doing one of these activities during lunch willingly.

And that was reading with Hiyori.

The first time I went to Hiyori willingly, probably the 1st of last month, she was rather surprised by my rather straight forward question of "do you mind if I read with you for today?". I had asked her this in hopes that spending time with her during lunch would continue to unwrap the answers I seeked, but that didn't mean I genuinely didn't want to spend time with her.

And, despite my straight forwardness - she was quite happy nonetheless, and compelled me to read more with her in the future.

I was going to say "maybe", but that weren't the words that came out of my mouth.

The words that came out of my mouth actually were "Sure, why not."

From since I said those words, it wasn't just me reading more with her during lunch.

That was the genuinely only thing I was doing during lunch.

Every day, at every lunch period, I would go straight to the library and see if she was there.

And around 30/31 times, she was there; except once where she was in her Class because the library was closed for "reorganizing", after the Three Idiots of Class D actually toppled 4 bookshelves over - causing all the genres to mix together (our class points are going to be ruined cause of them).

That didn't matter, though; I still met with her by simply entering her Class to be with- read with her there.