9. ∂є νιℓ

╔═════ ∘◦ 💄 ◦∘ ══════╗

9.
Now I wanna be your dog

╚═════ ∘◦ 💋 ◦∘ ══════╝

The night before Baroness's Fashion Show, Jasper and Horace silently slid inside the hall through the ceiling, where Baroness's new dress collections were placed. They were dressed in black from head to toe.

"Wow," Horace commented when he noticed a guard dozing off on a chair in front of the door with an opened chips packet on his lap, "Well, this guy's a bit of a blanket."

Jasper sighed then looked around, "What about..." He pushed a mannequin. "this?"

One by one the mannequins fell down like dominoes until the last one near the sleeping guard.

And to their surprise, the guard was still snoring after the loud clunking noises.

"Really?" Horace asked in disbelief. He sighed, "We're gonna have to get invasive."

Horace reached the guard and took the chips packet, then started munching on the chips loudly.

"It's risky." Jasper said thoughtfully, looking ready to smack the guard in the head.

Horace shrugged, "They gotta know we broke in, 'Cruel' said." Adding Cruel in a mocking tone.

Jasper frowned, "Yeah, he did, didn't he?"

Horace leaned down near the guard and munched even louder.

"Yeah, I'm getting a little tired of Cruel." Jasper grumbled.

"Oh, yeah." Horace nodded in agreement.

Oblivious to all the conversations, the guard snored loudly.

Jasper sighed and slowly leaned down towards the guard. He quickly pulled a nose hair out of the snoring man's nose, causing the guard to jump in fright, still in a haze.

And finally, when he noticed Horace and Jasper running away, he pushed the alarm switch.

☯︎︎

The next day when Y/n and Elijah arrived at their work, the first thing they noticed was all the spring collection dresses along with their stunning beaded dress was being carried away.

"What's going on?" Y/n asked in a feigning confused voice, already knowing this was the result of her two friends' presence here last night.

"They tried to break in last night." Baroness answered her.

"Who did?" Elijah asked in 'concern', inwardly grinning that his plan was working perfectly.

"Cruel and Hella. Well, it makes sense." Baroness scoffed. "It's a stunning,
ludicrously expensive gown. They could never afford to make it." Baroness said haughtily.

Y/n nodded 'sympathetically' looking down at her hand bag while Elijah hummed in agreement. 'They can't make it. right.' He thought, mentally scoffing.

"But Cruel and Hella have no shame." Baroness continued. "They may steal my creation. I mean, that's a very good idea, right, if you were..." She trailed off, then looked at them thoughtfully. "Them?"

Elijah and Y/n looked at her with the most innocent look they could ever make.

Though Elijah noticed she was looking at Y/n with an odd look on her face. Y/n also noticed and looked down where the older woman was looking.