4. ∂є νιℓ

╔═════ ∘◦ 💄 ◦∘ ══════╗

4.
The Necklace

╚═════ ∘◦ 💋 ◦∘ ══════╝

☯︎︎

Next morning, Y/n and Elijah were working on a few sketches, softly whispering now and then when the Baroness walked in with Jeffrey and two bodyguards.

"Grubby boy, little girl, get me lunch." She ordered, pointing her hand towards Y/n and Elijah meaningfully.

Both of them looked up from their work, and stared at the older woman, confused.

Y/n frowned. She didn't know it was part of their job.

Baroness (as she continued her way towards her office) ignored their questioning look and continued, "Soy salmon, lemon-zest risotto, cucumber sliced into two-inch diagonals at an eighth of an inch width, sprinkled with seven leaves of parsley, shredded, not torn; and a Cherry Mint Lemonade."

Elijah put his pencil on the desk and nodded, "Right." While y/n just stood up wordlessly, looking down at their sketch longingly. She really wanted to complete the new dress.

☯︎︎

Y/n and Elijah walked inside Baroness's office with the demanded lunch and drink, but stopped in their tracks when they noticed their employer was talking to two men.

Elijah looked around the room, trying to find Jeffrey or anyone who could guide them on what to do. But sadly, he didn't find anyone.

"As the department stores that stock your range, we thought perhaps we could give you some input." One of the men suggested.

"Feedback." The other man added.

"Oh, great. I'll start, shall I?" Baroness asked, haughtily, looking at the two men, "My feedback."

She stared at the 2nd man for a moment, then started, "You're short, you're fat, you smell like an anchovy, you're color-blind, but you pretend you aren't." She averted her dark judging eyes to the other man and shook her head with mock sadness, "You're a man who can't take responsibility. Your revenues are down 15%, your foot traffic by 12 and a half. Yes, I do my own research. Your store hasn't been refurbished since the Blitz. People don't know whether to buy a frock or duck and cover. And most of the funds meant for refurbs are being embezzled by you, stashing them in Swiss bank account number 32254766 to be precise." She finished in one breath, giving them a dark smile. "That's me. Your turn. I'm all ears."

Both of the men just sat there in shock, not knowing what to say. They glanced at each other and got up,"Good day." With that they out of the office hurriedly.

"Imbeciles." Baroness muttered, closing her eyes.

Elijah tried to not laugh at the whole situation (still holding the food tray) and Y/n elbowed him in the stomach, shaking her head.

Baroness opened her eyes and looked at Elijah and Y/n demanding, "Lunch, now."

They walked up to her.

Baroness opened the cover of the tray which Elijah was holding, and took a look at the food; then to the lemonade Y/n was holding, satisfied, " Oh. Finally, some people are competent." She took the lemonade from y/n, taking a sip.

The office door opened and a man walked in, almost tripping on the floor, "Whoa!"

Baroness sighed, looking at the man with disdain, "And someone not. This is my lawyer, Roger." She told Elijah and Y/n as she walked to a chaise lounge and sat down. "Although he spends most of his time playing piano in a dingy little bar, actually, he's a good lawyer."
( There you go people I changed it to chaise lounge)