Their Successful Pregnancy

Start from the beginning

"And w-w-we tried again, t-this could b-b-be our t-time,"Auggie responds, trying to keep a positive attitude for Emryn, just as he has this entire time since her procedure. He feels like he's constantly the one that has to have a positive outlook on their fertility, but he also knows it's the least he could do compared to all Emryn's had to go through through their years of trying to conceive.

"We never had to try this hard to get pregnant with our other babies,"Emryn murmurs through tears, her chest beginning to sputter as her breathing becomes sharp, "what if the surgery made my uterus even worse?"

"B-B-Baby, it wouldn't h-h-have made it w-worse,"Auggie coos, pushing his body off of the wall and walking over to sit beside Emryn, crossing his legs in a pretzel as he cups his hand against her cheek that's becoming wet with tears. "The d-d-doctor said t-t-that it was w-w-way better. He s-s-said he was r-r-really hopeful that y-you'd be able t-t-to carry a b-b-baby to full t-term n-now."

Emryn looks up at him and shakes her head, sniffling quietly as her lips waver, tightly pressed together, "I can't look at it. I'm scared."

Auggie nods, completely understanding where he's coming from because he's terrified too. They're both well aware that the doctor said that Emryn's uterus could portably only sustain one more pregnancy, so if this pregnancy fails, they really are out of options. "If I b-b-buy you a n-n-new lens for y-y-your camera w-will you l-l-look at the t-t-test?"

"The red lens I've been wanting?"Emryn whispers, peeking through her fingers that are covering her face.

"I'll b-b-buy y-you five of t-them,"Auggie barters, resting his hand on top of Emryn's stomach.

Emryn bites on her bottom lip, gnawing on her lip ring as she considers the offer, narrowing her eyes at Auggie, "fine."

"Y-YES!"Auggie exclaims, raising his hand up in victory before leaning down to press a kiss to Emryn's lips as she giggles softly.

He interlocks both of his hands in hers so that he can help her stand up from the floor as he keeps ahold of one of Emryn's hands, squeezing it lovingly and encouragingly as they walk closer to the sink where the test that Emryn took twenty minutes ago.

"D-D-Do you w-w-wanna look?"Auggie asks, looking over at Emryn who's still a bit teary as she looks at the upside-down test against the counter.

"No, I can't I really can't, August,"Emryn whimpers, taking her hand away from Auggie's and covering her face, turning away from Auggie to hide slightly, as her shoulders begin to tremble.

"B-B-Baby,"Auggie frowns, stepping closer to Emryn as he hugs her from behind, his arms snaking around her waist as she leans forward with her face in her hands, little cries filling the bathroom. "You're r-r-really not g-g-gonna look w-w-with me? T-This c-c-could b-be the o-one, b-b-baby."

"No,"Emryn snaps, shaking her head as she puts one of her hands down to try and break Auggie's interlocked hands apart from each other so that she can escape his grasp. "I didn't even want to take the stupid test, and I don't want to look at it. I'm so done with all of this."

"E-Emmy..."Auggie whispers, watching helplessly with his heart a bit broken as Emryn walks towards the door, not bothering to look back at him as she breaks out into louder sobs, her face in her palms as her shoulders tremble.

"It's just gonna be negative, August! I don't know why we even take these anymore. I'm so f*cking done with this,"Emryn exclaims, turning around to face Auggie so that he can see her face for the first time since she started crying, her cheeks splotchy with her eyes red rimmed as tears roll down her face, her chest heaving and hitching sharply. "I'm SO F*CKING done!"