The Most Unimaginable Pain

Auggie: 27
Emryn: 31

*Please please please read this chapter with caution and if you have ever struggled with substance abuse I would suggest maybe skipping this chapter as it could be triggering*

*Also there are mentions of s*icide, so please read with caution if that's something that is triggering for you as well*

March 16 2042 (6 days after Kaden's death)

"Hey, long time no see,"Sammy whispers as he looks at Emryn...well, his mind can put together that it's Emryn, but this person in front of him isn't the Emryn he knows. He hasn't seen her since she was 16 years old, but he still knows it's her. The eyes. He knows those eyes.

"You too,"Emryn whispers, covering her hands with the sleeves of her black sweatshirt as she grips onto the papers tighter in her hand that's shaking substantially.

"It's forty,"Sammy tells Emryn, holding his hand out that's also covered with his black sweatshirt, gripping onto a plastic bag that's completely hidden under his sleeve.

"I thought it was only thirty,"Emryn questions, furrowing her pieced brows together as she looks at Sam with a don't f*ck with me expression.

"I need to make rent, Emryn,"Sammy sighs, shaking his arm a bit to remind her why they're here and bring her attention back to the package, his head looking over his shoulder anxiously.

"Fine,"Emryn sighs in exasperation. Normally she'd put up a fight, but she has zero fight left in her. The thought of walking all the way to the kitchen where her wallet is makes her want to crumble up into a little ball and stay in the corner forever. Third degree tears, at least that's what the midwives told her. She's been practically bedridden since Kaden's...since Kaden.

"You okay?"Sammy questions, looking at Emryn with a bit of concern as he watches her waddle down the hallway, her legs spread far apart so that no part of her vagina touches another.

"Yeah, my vagina's just ripped to shreds,"Emryn murmurs, wiping a hand down her face as she finally makes it into the kitchen, quickly pulling out another bill of money before turning around and waddling back towards Sam.

"Do I want to know?"Sammy asks with a snicker, unable to ever guess the magnitude of why her vagina is ripped in half.

"You really don't,"Emryn whispers, swallowing thickly before holding the cash out towards Sam who slyly takes it before handing the plastic bag to Emmy who takes it in her hand and recovers it with her sweatshirt before looking back up at Sam who is seeming to not be in a rush to leave.

"Last I heard you were clean,"Sammy responds, shoving his hands into the front pocket of his sweatshirt as his hood falls down on his forehead slightly, covering up the slit in his eyebrow, his head shaved and bleached blonde unlike the last time Emryn saw him when she was 16 and he had bright blue hair that curled at the ends.

"I am,"Emryn responds sheepishly, tucking a strand of her faded purple hair behind her ear, "I just needed something, sh*t happens."

"You're gonna get hooked again,"Sammy points out, looking at Emryn with a worried gaze, true concern in his eyes for his friend that he hasn't seen in 15 years.

"And what do you care?"Emryn asks, shrugging nonchalantly at Sammy that she spent more nights on the street with than she could ever count.

"I don't,"Sammy mutters with a matching shrug although they both know he cares. He cares very much so just like she cares that he's still using an on the streets. "I was just saying."