I Want You to Be My Forever Valentine

Emryn: 22
Auggie: 18

tw: mention of self-harm, rape, molestation, suicide and drug abuse

February 2033

"C-C-Coming,"Auggie calls as the doorbell rings for the seventh time in the past minute. "G-Gosh,"he mutters under his breath as he walks through the hall that connects his room to the front door.

He opens up the door and feels his eyes bug out of his head as he looks down at the girl in front of him.

"Hi,"Emryn greets tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. "How are ya? I've missed ya! Haven't seen ya in like 2 days. Oooo mushy gushy lovey dovey."

"W-W-What a-are y-you d-doing h-here?"Auggie asks, raising a blonde eyebrow as he continues to grip the door. He suddenly becomes painfully aware that he's still in his pajamas and it's 1 in the afternoon.

"It's Valentine's Day,"Emryn simple states, shrugging and then looking up at him again with a devilish grin.

"A-And...?"Auggie asks, still completely lost.

"Just let me in,"Emryn rolls her eyes and shoulders past Auggie before he can tell her that it's okay to walk in.

"C-Come i-in,"Auggie mockingly says after Emryn has already walked in without any remanence of an invitation.

"I'm already inside, but thanks for the offer,"Emryn responds, looking back at him with a sly smirk that lights up her dark brown eyes.

"I love what you've done with the place,"Emryn jokes, spinning around in a circle in the middle of the connected kitchen and living room. Auggie and his roommate Jake have in fact done nothing to the apartment, so the walls are still completely barren and white.

"Y-You c-changed y-your h-hair,"Auggie notes, looking at her short hair that was purple the last
time he saw her but is now an emerald green color.

"Y-You c-changed y-your h-hair,"Auggie notes, looking at her short hair that was purple the last time he saw her but is now an emerald green color

(this is exactly what Emryn looks like)

"Yeah, it's the second Tuesday of the month,"Emryn simply responds, walking over to the mantel bellow the television and grabbing the remote. Auggie watches as she crosses the living room floor and jumps onto the couch, laying back and turning on the television to a random channel.

"W-What?"Auggie asks, suddenly remembering that he needs to close the door that he's holding open as a couple of snow flakes fall onto the hardwood floor.

"I change my hair on the second Tuesday of every month,"Emryn responds again, not looking at Auggie, her eyes completely trained on the television in front of her as she hugs her knees to her chest.

"H-H-How h-has y-your h-hair n-n-not f-f-fallen o-o-out y-y-yet?"Auggie asks, continuing to stand off to the side of the couch. He doesn't know how she does it, but somehow she has this way of making it so that she's more comfortable in his apartment than he is. It seems that when she comes into any room she just completely takes it over and leaves no prisoners.