Come Back

(SUNS POV)

I woke up in a distorted version of the old day care. It was designed differently, but the same layout. Everything seemed weird, and I felt very calm, when I knew I probably shouldn't.  There was an eerie silence, and natural lighting shining through the windows.

I sat up, trying to take in my surroundings. I looked around the day care and saw paintings of a dog all over the room. It was in all the same places there were paintings of me from the last day care. I couldn't help but feel a bit jealous that I was being replaced, no matter how fucked up this place was.

I knew I was supposed to be upset about something, but I couldn't bring myself to think of it. I laid back down on the new day care ground and let myself feel this peace before I would have to go back to everything I was dealing with.

"What are we going to do Sun"

"I don't know Moon, but for right now we're just not going to worry like we always do"

"You sound like the nature one now"

I began to realize that, that was the first conversation Moon and I had that was actually calm since Y/N left. It was nice for there to be less screaming. It was nice to be okay.

I heard foot steps coming towards the day care. I sat up a bit and waited for the door to open. Jay stepped in the room, as I expected.

"Hey Sun. How you feeling?"

He came and sat next to me.

"Very very calm"

"That's what I want to hear. Your circuits were basically fried, and you were made to handle more stress than any of the others here. You also had a glitch in your code, i'm guessing causing lots more tension between you and Moon than there already is."

"Oh.. yeah. It's a lot more quiet."

"Good."

"So, am I running the day care"'

"For 2 days. I can shorten the time. "

"I need a distraction, you can keep us here as long as you need, as long as you bring us to see them every night"

"Are you sure.. I know this is a lot and.."

"Yes i'm sure. Just keep up your end of the deal. Are there going to be kids here today.."

"No, today's Christmas eve , we're closed"

Then it hit me. The peacefulness from the minute before was gone. I wasn't spending christmas with Y/N, and I had been looking forward to it more than anything. I could feel the tears rising to my face.

"Sun, don't cry, I just fixed your paint. I know everything that's going on is rough, but you can make it through."

I didn't answer.

"Here.. how about we go to the mall. You can get something for Y/N, and i'll take the money out of your paycheck."

"But.. won't they see I look like this"

"No one will be paying attention. The mall before christmas is every man for themselves. Just wear a sweater and we will be fine. Does that make it better at all?"

I nodded and he left the room to grab his keys and let me get ready. I had Y/N's sweater. I slipped it on and walked towards Jay's office waiting for him.

We got in the car and he drove to the mall. He played light christmas music and I watched all the people out walking around in their jackets and hats. The streets were decorated with tinsel and lights. I remember Y/N telling me all about how much they love christmas. I never knew it was this magical, if they were here i'd love it too.

We pulled into a parking lot of a large shopping center. There were people running all around the parking lot, trying to get into the center faster than everyone else. None of them looked happy, just stressed. I could detect in all around.

Jay managed to get a spot closer to the front which he seemed really proud of himself for. He turned to face me and lifted the hood of my sweater over my head. He adjusted my sweatpants and gave me a thumbs up and walked out of the car.

I know I probably should've felt nervous, but I was hoping that maybe if I brought Y/N a gift they would remember me or trigger something in their brain of an old memory of us. I felt optimistic.

Jay helped me into the mall and told me to pick a store after giving me a summary of all the stores yet. No one was looking at me. I blended right in, i've always wanted this.

"Let's go to.. hm.. I want to get them a sweater, and moon wants to get them some makeup, or maybe a doll"

"Well, TJ Max has everything."

"Sure let's do that"

He began to lead us in the direction of the store, and I took in the sights of all the people. It had been a long time since I had been around this many people, and I forgot how amazing it made me feel. I missed it so much. And, TJ Max had more people than I could have ever imagined, and I loved it.

"Come on Sun, let's hurry to the sweaters, there's way too many people in here"

I don't see how he couldn't like this, but he grabbed my arm and dragged me to the sweaters. There were very few left, which I was really disappointed about, but I looked through them.

There were lots of solid color sweaters, but I found one with a rainbow on it with light blue sleeves. It was a bit oversized, and perfect for Y/N. I smiled.

"Jay look!"

He smiled at the sweater and told me Y/N would love it.

"Let's go look for something for Moon. This place is making me anxious"

We browsed the doll section, and Moon told me he wanted to get them a cute cat doll he saw, and we headed into line. Jay told me to wait by the door so the cashier didn't see me, and so I did. According to Jay, the line took forever, but timed flies so fast when i'm people watching.

We walked to the car and I felt exited to give Y/N what we got them.

"Sun, i'll take you to the hospital now. I can feel the excitement bouncing off of you."

I smiled and hoped more than anything that this would help. I needed my sun shine back.

"We're here"

(A/N: i'm back! i hope you guys didn't forget about me)