Chapter 12: It's Hard to Move On

During lunchtime, both Mr. and Mrs. Hwang along with Seungmin had a great time, but for Hyunjin it's not so good. He constantly spaced out and he eats slowly even though his favorite food was right in front of his face. What's worse is that he didn't talk much like he used to be during family reunions.

It made his parents and Seungmin worried about him. Then Mr. Hwang gets close to Seungmin and whispers something, "hey, Seungmin. Why don't you take Hyunjin and have a date around Tokyo? It would be better than having him sulking all day doing nothing," Seungmin agrees to Mr. Hwang's proposal and he sits down next to Hyunjin who is spacing out once again.

Hyunjin snapped out of his trance when he saw Seungmin next to him. Seungmin rested his head on Hyunjin's shoulder and try to invite him to a date, "Hyunnie~ Let's go on a date around Tokyo! It's gonna be fun, trust me," Seungmin stands up while pulling Hyunjin with him too. Hyunjin smiled a little seeing how cheerful Seungmin can be despite the new environment he's in.

Before they go on their date, they bid farewell to Hyunjin's parents and took a taxi to the center of Tokyo. Seungmin looked back at Mr. Hwang and sees him winking at Seungmin and the boy just smile at Mr. Hwang before getting into the taxi.

The ride was silent and both boys felt awkward with each other even though they have been dating for a couple of weeks. They should've gotten to know each other especially when both of them are true soulmates.

"Seungmin, can I ask you something?" Seungmin turns his head to Hyunjin and the other boy lets out a long sigh, "do you love me? I'm asking this with a context outside the soulmate system," oh... he never thought about that.

The soulmate system does mend relationships and avoid toxic and abusive ones, but what if this system wasn't real and people are allowed to have a partner who they love? It was a hard and mind-twisting question to answer and in this case, it will always be confusing.

Seungmin doesn't know what he should say, but he followed his guts and tell Hyunjin the truth about his actual feelings without being controlled by the system, "Hyunnie, when I first told who my soulmate is, I don't have any feeling towards them let along knowing them. Minho was my soulmate, but my feelings for him only grow when I get to know him even further," Seungmin laughs a little, "for me, the soulmate system was just a regular system that determines our future partner and it doesn't affect our feelings at all! Our feelings are based on what we think about them and what we liked about our soulmates," this time Hyunjin understands every single thing Seungmin tells him.

"You also asked do I love you right, Hyun?" Hyunjin nods. He could feel his heart beating fast right now waiting for Seungmin's answer, "well... I do love you, ever since we get to know more about each other and the closer we get, I feel a different kind of love than when I was with Minho," Hyunjin felt relieved, but also sad at the same time when he mentions Minho's name. He still felt guilty after what happened a week ago, "why do you say you feel a different kind of love than when you're with Minho?" Hyunjin asked once more. Seungmin looked at him and finally tells the truth about his feelings, "when I was still with Minho, it felt like we're just platonic soulmates, we do love each other but not in THAT kind of way. But then when I found out that he's not my true soulmate and my soulmate was you, I felt a lot of mixed feelings about it," mixed feelings? what mixed feelings? Hyunjin gets more curious about Seungmin.

"What do you mean by mixed feelings?" Hyunjin felt like he asked a lot of questions, but this somehow makes it important in their relationship. Seungmin took a deep breath before he begins to talk again, "by mixed feelings, I felt upset that I would be separated from Minho, but at the same time if he's not my true soulmate then what should I do? Also, Jisung is my best friend and I couldn't imagine how heartbroken he would be when he knew that you both aren't meant to be together! Feelings of confusion, sadness, and fear are mixed into one that day," Seungmin finally told Hyunjin.

At that moment, Hyunjin realized that he was not alone when that problem happened. Seungmin felt it too and of course, both Minho and Jisung because they are seriously butthurt the day they met Hyunjin and Seungmin in the cafe. He also realized that every one of them has their flaws with Seungmin not being able to express his feelings well, Jisung having his temperamental exploding, Minho couldn't say anything other than just standing back and doing nothing, while Hyunjin himself being a promise-breaker and not only broke his promise with Jisung but also breaking the poor boy's heart.

The past is in the past, but your mistake will you carry on to the future until you finally solved it. They can run away from their past, but they couldn't run away from their mistakes that haven't been forgiven. That's what happened to them both right now. Hyunjin realized that he followed his parents to Japan when he was given a decision to stay in Korea and have time to mend the bond between him and both Jisung and Minho, but no! Instead, he runs away with the reason of his parents are "moving away for business" and involved Seungmin in this.

What Jisung and Minho need is not them going away leaving them to have their relationship in peace, but to apologize to them properly and fix all of this! They don't need Hyunjin and Seungmin to be out of their lives, but they need their word of apology that could mend the broken bond between the four of them.

"Seungmin, I finally understand everything! Thank you so much for your help," Hyunjin pounced onto Seungmin and hugs him tight, "wait up, Hyun! What do you mean by that?" Seungmin's confused by Hyunjin's sudden change of mood, "change of plan, Seungmin! Let's have a vacation in Japan for 2 weeks!" Hyunjin made Seungmin even more confused by now, "um... there's a lot of grey area in that sentence. We are in Japan and we are going to live here permanently, so what do you by "have a vacation in Japan for 2 weeks?", " Hyunjin laughs and takes both Seungmin's hands, "don't you understand, Seungmin? We are going back to Korea and fixing all of our mistakes! In that way, none of us would feel guilty or bad towards each other and our bond between Minho and Jisung won't be broken anymore!" Seungmin understands what Hyunjin meant.

"So you're saying, we are going back home?" Seungmin asked with sparkles of hope in his eyes, "yes, Seungmin. We are going home!" Both Hyunjin and Seungmin laugh out of excitement, "it is hard to move on after what happened, but the least we could do is to apologize properly to them," Hyunjin said before the taxi stopped at their destination and they have a shopping spree together. And boy, you don't know how excited they are because of this.

To be continued...

Another update for this book! This chapter took me a while to write and I hope this is good enough to tell you all what will happen next.

Thank you for reading! STAY tuned and STAY safe💖💖💖