Chapter 11: A New Home?

After a few hours, they finally arrived at their destination, their new home Japan.

Both Hyunjin and Seungmin awed at the sight of their surroundings. It's so different and sooner or later they have to learn how to adapt in their new environment.

"How do you like this place, kids?" Mr. Hwang asks them both, "it feels so different and yet excitement rushes through my blood, sir!" Seungmin hops a little like a puppy and Mrs. Hwang chuckles at how cute Seungmin was acting.

"Come on now, our driver's waiting for us and it's not polite to keep others waiting for too long," they brought their own suitcases and puts it into the luggage.

The ride to their new home was filled with chats and laughs, well... Except for Hyunjin.

Since they're in the plane, he refused to talk to anyone. The only time he ever talked is when one of the flight attendants asked him what he wanted for drink.

Mr and Mrs. Hwang also noticed how odd Hyunjin was acting and they thought they should just give Hyunjin some space and he'll open up to them soon.

Right when they arrived at their new home, it was lunch time. Rather than waiting for a long time to cook at home, Mr and Mrs. Hwang are going to take them to a restaurant to celebrate their first day living in Japan.

The restaurant is too fancy for a commoner's eyes like Seungmin, but he was delighted that he get a chance to eat at a fancy restaurant.

They ordered some food and during the waiting session, Hyunjin suddenly stands up and walks away into the restroom.

"What's wrong with that kid? He's been like that since this morning!" Mrs. Hwang is getting worried about Hyunjin, so Seungmin decided to check up on him.

Seungmin walks into the restroom, but then he heard something from one of the stalls. It was sound of someone's cries and he knows that was Hyunjin.

He walks into the stall next to where Hyunjin is and listens to what he's mumbling about.

"Hyunjin... What's wrong with you today?" Seungmin closes his eyes while listening to Hyunjin's cries.

"I don't want to be here... I wanna go home," only by those two sentences, Seungmin finally understand why Hyunjin is so unenergetic today.

"If only... If only I could go back to the past and fix this all... I would still be at home," Hyunjin cried and Seungmin swore that the sound of sobbing and sniffs are so loud it concerns him more and more.

"If only I become a better person in the past and not thinking so selfishly, this all wouldn't have happened," now Seungmin feels really bad for Hyunjin right now. His urge to break into Hyunjin's stall, comforts him so that he could stop crying and tell him that he has done well and he deserves a good rest.

But even if Seungmin has good intentions in that, he will be called as a creep who stalks people and worse that person is Hyunjin, his soulmate. It would go down really bad if he just knock down the restroom door in a fancy restaurant.

"I'm such a bad friend and soulmate... Even I involved three of my dearest ones into this problem that I created," okay Seungmin has to go now, he couldn't stand it anymore.

He had enough information about Hyunjin, so he just walks out of the restroom and sits right at his place trying to lift up a conversation.

Instead of dilly-dallying even further, he instantly told what happened in the bathroom and what he heard.

Both Hyunjin's parents are shocked to hear what Seungmin just told them.

"He never wanted to go with us this whole time! Why does he agrees to it back then?" Mrs. Hwang is so worried that her husband has to hold her hands to calm her down.

Then Seungmin remembered something, the answer is already revealed since yesterday!

Hyunjin was never forced to follow his parents to Japan, but he wanted to! It was the same excuse Seungmin used to why they are moving away when Jisung asked about it.

"How did I forget my own words? It never happened before!" Seungmin thought to himself.

Just as he was about to discuss it even further, Hyunjin had came back into his seat and the food has finally arrived for them to feast.

It was a good lunch, but the mood was broken by the sudden sadness from Hyunjin.

"Mr. Hwang, Mrs. Hwang... Don't worry, because I will soon find a way to make our precious Hyunjin smile again," Seungmin thought to himself as he continues to eat his lunch.

To be continued...

Hello! Look who's back!

Last few months I was not really motivated to write another chapter of my ongoing books and I didn't expect I would be gone for a while.

Here's a chapter after some months not updating and I hope I could have some ideas for the next chapter!

Thank you for reading! STAY tuned and STAY safe💖💖💖