Master Wonchul–the last former warrior from the previous Eight Warriors. He disregarded the vex that stained the other man's eyes. "The Swords choose the warriors, boy. Not us," Wonchul responded calmly.

"Not only is she a Shadow Wielder, but she is a female! Females aren't physically strong–they aren't allowed to fight in battles. And she is a peasant!"

"And you are nothing more."

"ARE YOU ALL MAD–"

"Are you deaf?" Wonchul rolled his eyes sassily, and he slowly pivoted to Suyin, who silently gaped. The gentle old man exhaled a sigh, taking a step towards her. "You are a warrior. Deal with it, child."

"But– how? I... I didn't... I'm–" Suyin stammered, finding herself at a loss for words. Frightened by it all, she sort of wished she could pass out again.

"Huang Suyin," a woman's voice stated.

Suyin turned once more, and she inhaled shakingly at the sight of angelic white and frost blue. "Y–Your majesty." Suyin sat on her knees, bowing her head to Queen Taeyeon.

"No," Queen Taeyeon denied, receiving Suyin's petrified eyes. "To be quite frank, I am conflicted. I am not sure how no one has discovered your dark powers until now, nor do I know how you have been chosen as a Warrior. But if the sword chose you, and Master Wonchul believes that you have the capabilities of a hero...then I shall agree. You are now a part of the Eight Warriors."

Suyin's head began to spin again, and it nearly exploded at that moment. Taeyeon eventually lifted her head again, straightening her back and folding her hands at her front. The queen blinked her eyes into an austere stare.

"However, my people are my top priority. May I remind you, if you ever betray me and our people, I won't hesitate to take action. You must swear to serve us–dedicate your life to protect us."

Once Suyin's mind settled back into its regular state, her body froze. I'm a chosen warrior, she realized again. The queen awaited her response. Time was slipping from the grips of her hands, so she nodded her head. "I swear...that I will try my best, your majesty."

The whining man burst once more. "Your majesty! With all due respect, she is still a threat against our kingdom, she–"

"Silence, Timothy," Queen Taeyeon ordered, "her status is no longer a peasant. She is now a noble–a warrior in training."

"Your majesty," another stepped in, "we must be aware of the possible consequences. We cannot ignore the fact that she is a Shadow Wielder. She could act out. She could attract evil. Not only that, but our citizens will continue to panic relentlessly about this situation!"

"Then we shall make an announcement," Taeyeon said.

While the Royal council continued discussing, Suyin looked around, and to her far left, there were eight significant chairs–seven taken. She swiftly glanced at each warrior, but her eyes seized a particular one. For a moment, she noticed a glimmer in his eyes, but he ripped his sight away.

"All seven of you–to your feet and come here," Wonchul ordered, flicking his hand.

The seven other warriors obeyed the old man, and they traveled to him. "As warriors, you will all live in the Aureum palace on the Warrior's island. Tonight, you will return to your homes and pack your necessities. Tomorrow morning, our dragons will pick you up and take you to the Warrior's island. Understood?"

"Yes, Master Wonchul," they answered, but Suyin was a tad bit late.

"Now... can you stand?" Wonchul asked Suyin.

"Huh?" Suyin let out.

"I said, can you stand, child. You're sitting on a healing cloud right now–get on your feet," Wonchul said, waving his hand at her.

Suyin gulped, and she nodded. Hopping off of the cloud, a slight smile lit up on her face, seeing how she could stand. However, she was wrong. Her body was still weakened, and she stumbled over her feet. She fell into someone's arms, and she mentally chided herself.

"Oh look, you have someone who can assist you," Wonchul commented.

Suyin lifted her eyes, and the tip of her head tapped the person's chin. She shrunk at the contact, but she looked up again. Recognizing his face, she parted her lips, stunned by his presence. It was the rare and skilled crystal manipulator from the trials himself.

"Carry yourself, Shadow Wielder. If you're going to be a warrior, learn how to stand," Jungwon muttered, pushing her off.

Suyin but the inside of her cheek—eyes remaining on the boy. As Suyin held her balance, she eventually met Master Wonchul's tranquil gaze. He hummed softly. "You haven't touched your sword yet," Wonchul remarked, referring to the glowing sword in the distance.

The golden glow of the sword yanked at Suyin's heart. For every second before this moment, she felt lost...but the sense of home had touched her once she laid her eyes on the sword. She froze in time, staring before she commanded her feet to travel. As Suyin's fingers hugged the sword's handle, a blast of light flew across the nearly empty stadium. Suyin's eyes remained closed until fabric draped over her arms. A black cloak rested in her hands.