Chapter 11 - First date (updated)

Wow its been a long time..... I'm in the middle of revising for tests that are coming up soon so this chapter might be complete garbage. Also shun me if you want but I'm seriously considering doing a lemon chapter because why not. 

Deku's POV

I felt so guilty, despite saving Ochaco, I had only made her feel awful. My body was battered and bruised, purple from severe burns, and wrapped tightly in bandages. I couldn't help myself, I knew using my quirk would be costly but I couldn't have just sat there and watch my girlfriend be crushed by that behemoth of a robot, I'd never be able to forgive myself if something had happened. The UA nurse had give me the ok to leave so I was now walking home, my arm slung over Ochaco's shoulder as I limped. I felt so pathetic having to be taken home like this and it only amplified the feeling that Ochaco was also besides herself. I glanced over to her and smiled meekly..."h-hey.. I know we talked about it briefly but I'm sorry.....I know you probably could've fended for yourself but seeing you there made me panic. I love you and couldn't bare it if anything was to happen to you, so I had no choice but to do what I did." I explained, looking back towards the ground. I could feel her gaze shift on me as I finished talking and the atmosphere was hard to read, making it hard to tell if she was going to be mad. "Deku, listen. I'm not mad at you, like I said back at UA, I'm mad at myself..... I thought I was strong, that's why I thought I could chase this silly dream of mine, becoming a hero. I'm frustrated that I have to rely on people to save me from tough situations in which they then become hurt. I don't resent you for saving me, if anything I'm beyond thankful, I'm just...." She mumbled, choking back the tears that were starting to stream down her face again. Here we were again, Ochaco on the verge of breaking and me not knowing what to do. My guilt built up inside of me as I stopped to turn towards her. "Ochaco....your not stupid for trying to follow your dream and your certainly not weak. All people need help sometimes, it's nothing to be ashamed of and it's nothing to beat yourself up about. I'm proud of you for trying and I'm more than proud about how you did.....look at me..... your amazing, in fact your even more than that." I said confidentially, bringing her into a hug as she began to sob. "How about we go out tonight, it should cheer you up a bit" I suggested, feeling her nod into my chest. 

We finally got home, my mum smothering me with attention as I hobbled through the door. Honestly, my wounds didn't look nearly as bad as they did an hour prior yet she was acting like I was close to dying. I chuckled as my mum stepped back, looking at the visible bandaging on my arms and the burnt parts of skin that were partially visible through it. "Izuku what happened to you, I thought you were only there to watch the tests.... why're your arms all messed up and burnt, you shouldn't have been using your quirk." My mum panicked, causing Ochaco's head to droop with guilt. "Nothing mum, it doesn't matter right now, all that does matter is that I'm functional.....well partly." I chuckled. I hobbled to the stairs, my head still slightly spinning, and walked to my room. I was taking Ochaco out....but where ? I'd never been with a girl before, they'd all usually laugh and make fun of me so I'd never actually experienced being in a relationship before now. I didn't have a clue what girls liked to do or were they'd like to go and I really didn't want to mess this up, especially with the state Ochaco's in right now. On top of that, I had nothing to wear other than shorts, hoodies and joggers, possibly the odd pair of cargo pants. "Urgh....why is this so stressful." I moaned aloud to myself, rummaging through my wardrobe and draws. I picked out a black hoodie, with dark green stripes, and some black shorts from my wardrobe, looking at them as I thought. "Nope I can't wear these, I'll look stupid...." I complained, continuing to empty my drawers. I finally decided after around 20 minutes had passed, a white shirt with the black shorts id chosen earlier, accompanied with my yellow backpack that I'd stuffed my all might hoodie into, in case it got cold.