Chapter Thirty-Four (END)

This had to be the happiest time of my life, and it wasn't because I was officially married to Emylle. It was because, for the first time in history...Naraka's future was looking brighter, and brighter with each royal individual that congratulated me. Sure, some of them looked less than pleased that they could no longer wage war on us, but they were at least professional in the sense that they gave me fake smiles and handshakes and acted relatively decent.

Surprisingly enough, Asurah and Joseph were able to make it to my wedding, and once everyone else was done congratulating me and telling me what a good choice I made in marrying the daughter of a pristine military-based planet, it was then their turn. And gods, the both of them looked as attractive as ever, with Asurah wearing a one piece that was slit at the sides, showing off his long, pale legs, while Joseph wore a sleeveless turtleneck and camo pants that honestly were atrocious, but of course, Joseph wore them well.

I smiled as they approached me and straightened my posture, nodding towards the both of them. "I'm glad the both of you could make it," I spoke, watching Asurah's pale face scrunch up, as if to silently say "duh".

"Well, we couldn't miss it, not something so detrimental for Naraka's future. Although," he sighed dramatically and leaned against Joseph, who merely raised a thick brow at his husband, "I wish it was more official. You know, between you and Jox. 'Cause you two are absolutely adorable together."

I felt my cheeks warm as I glanced around the room, making sure no one was listening in on our conversation. Especially Elphes, the bastard. When I deemed it clear, I nodded my head and nibbled at my bottom lip, finding Jox somewhere in the crowd, talking to a short Glacic woman. I then turned my attention back towards the couple in front of me. "One day, that will be the case. I just hope it's sooner than later."

Joseph popped me lightly on the arm, dark eyes swimming mischievously. "I could always kill a bastard," he joked, nudging his head in the direction of Elphes, who somehow felt me staring and glanced at me from the corners of his eyes, "what's the most he can do? Wage war on Earth? Earth sucks, he can have it."

Asurah shot him a look. "And what about Glacida, Honey? You're my co-ruler."

Joseph snorted and pressed a chaste kiss against his cheek. "Elphes wouldn't dare. He gets some of his supplies from you, and I don't think he'd be stupid enough to ruin that." He paused and scrunched up his nose. "Then again, what the hell do I know? He could be as dumb as a box of rocks for all I know."

"You're not far off, though," I muttered snidely as I took a sip of my wine, perking up as soon as I saw Jox heading my way, with that female Glacic in tow. "Hey, Jox."

Jox smiled at me and nodded towards Asurah, before he gestured to the Glacic woman at his side. "Del, this is Arah, she was my assistant while I was on Glacida."

I raised my brows as Asurah looked at Jox in bewilderment. "Was? What do you mean?"

Jox grinned, and just the action had that pleasant warm feeling clutching at my heart. "She's no longer my assistant...because I'm giving her my job."

"Wait really? Why?" Asurah wondered, his expression more...bewildered than upset.

Jox shrugged and stood next to me, poking my thigh with his pinkie, no doubt aware of the multitude of eyes on me. "Well, I figured I didn't need the job there, when I have no intensions of leaving here. I want to live here, alongside Del until we're able to make our..." he leaned in and lowered his voice, "love official."

My heart clenched tightly in my chest at his confession, and I wanted nothing more than to shove him onto the table behind us and kiss him until neither of us could breathe. He wanted to forsake his home, the place he grew up...to live with me? I knew the man loved me, but to give up everything he had ever known for me...gods, he really cared for me, and knowing that made me feel so special and wanted. It was too bad we were in the middle of my reception, because gods I wanted to return his love in all kinds of lewd ways.