She wanted to challenge my words, I could see that much on her face and in her eyes too. But instead, she swallowed the words and tried to talk through the memories of not just her fear but also through her emotions. Because deep down inside her heart and soul she knew that I was right about everything that I had just said. She is a hero, all guardians are heroes, but she is even more so. Because of her age and because of all of those strigoi that she had managed to put an end to and the ones that she never allowed to be made.

"A few days later we finally came to the conclusion that somehow the strigoi must have mistaken me for Abby and that they must have tried to kill me thinking that I was her. I guess they must have wrongly thought that Abby is the Badica princess. I have never liked having to hide who I truly am because it puts my cousin's life in danger. Even if she doesn't know it or know that we are even related at all to begin with. But my grandparents decided a long time ago, when they found out about me. That this is the way that it must be at least until it is safe to announce who I truly am to the world. And even though my Nene is gone, killed by strigoi herself, my dede still insists that it remains that way until I turn eighteen if it is at all possible. I have tried to talk to him and baba both about it, but they are both still steadfastly adamant about it. They are both so hardheaded and stubborn most of the time, I am just glad that those two traits skipped me." (Grandmother, Grandfather, daddy)

I could see just how much she hated the danger of having to hide her real identity put her cousin Abby in. But then I chuckled at her last comment because she is just as hardheaded and stubborn as anyone that I have ever met. Of course, I'm not going to tell her that right now, someday I might but most definitely not today. She has been through enough lately because of me so she definitely does not need me teasing her about that today as well.

"Anyway, the six of them fought strigoi for almost an hour to protect me. Yes, they knew that I was a secret princess who was to become the next queen, but that wasn't why they were protecting me. They protected me for the very same reason that they have protected me from my very first day here. Even before any of us knew who I really was... or who I am I guess I should say. Or ad, I guess I should say before even I knew who I really am they protected me. They protected me for the same reason that Aunt El hid me behind her instead of her hiding behind me and readying herself to offer up a ten-year-old child just to buy herself a few more seconds. Which probably at least ninety-seven percent of the royals would have done and still to this day still probably will. There is probably sixty-eight percent of the non-royals who would most likely do the very same chert thing. Even to a dhampir newborn baby. They all protected me because they love me just as much as I love each and every single one of them. Before that day I had never really thought that anyone, but my baba, would ever put me first. I always thought that since I am a dhampir, princess or not. That I would be the very last person that anyone, besides my baba, would ever be willing to protect. Much less risk their lives and souls to protect." (hell, father, damn, father)

"You will always come first to me detka, and I will always protect you Roza moya. Always and forever." (baby, my)

"Not before our children. If you ever have to choose between them and me, you chose them with a clean and clear conscience Comrade. Every. Single. Yeblya. Time. Promise me that Mitya, please." She begged me, and as she did, I could feel her fear and worry as it rolled off of her in waves. Her fear for our future children, children that we have as of yet to even conceive, was just that chert palpable. (fucking, damn)

"All right, all right, as long as you make me the same promise detka." (baby)

She nodded. "Please don't ever leave me Comrade." She begged in a low whispered voice. But that is one thing that she never needed to ask of me let alone to beg of me.