"Carry on, b, what's your proposition?" Sameera chuckled.

"Right, thanks. Basically, I was talking to Michael-"

"Gasp." Charlie dramatically... gasped, and Blaire turned to silently glare at her.

"...Anyway. Michael said we could have the halloween party at his house. I thought that'd be great because it's bigger, and... yeah." She shrugged one shoulder and her words immediately stole my full attention.

"Ok I'm actually all for that proposition." Charlie admitted, making Blaire smile proudly.

"Less mess to clean at our place? I'm all for it." Sameera nodded, and Blaire's eyes fell on me.

"Dee? Sound good to you?" She asked. I knew what she was thinking - she was still the only one of the girls that knew about Calum and I's kiss, now all of a sudden our party was conveniently being moved to his house... that couldn't be entirely a coincidence.

"Uh- of course, why not?" I shrugged with a pursed smile, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear as Blaire smiled.

"Perfect. That's sorted, then." She grinned, and I thought to myself... I guess this is beneficial to the both of us.

-

When the party came around, the girls and I got changed at home and had our own little catwalk moment in our kitchen with a couple of drinks. Our group costume idea - although not particularly original - worked out perfectly. There we were, dressed up extremely modestly... as a group of playboy bunnies. Blaire was basically squealing with excitement over how good we looked, and the energy was contagious - there was definitely no lack in selfies taken before we got a taxi down to Michael and Calum's house.

When we got there, it was already surprisingly busy - I suppose a combination of our own friends and Michael's friends was the reason for that. One of the first people I saw inside of the house was Tyler, who was dressed very convincingly as a pirate with the tipsiness to top it off. He flipped his eye patch up to gawp at my outfit, snapping his fingers excitedly.

"Look at you, girl!" He grinned, linking his arm with mine and tugging me towards the kitchen. "Calum's literally gonna wet himself-"

"Be quiet." I giggled, elbowing him in the side nervously. I didn't want to admit that I was excited to see Calum...

"That's we'll all be saying later when you're screaming his name." Tyler smirked, and I immediately gasped.

"Tyler!" I threw my hand over my mouth, smacking my other hand against his chest as he laughed evilly. "You're disgusting."

"You love it." He grinned, and I couldn't help but smile amusedly as we entered the kitchen so I could grab myself another drink... and then I saw Calum.

His costume was simple, but the sight of him gave me butterflies. He wore his chunky black platforms, black slacks, a silky red blouse that was almost entirely unbuttoned with a silver chain around his neck and red devil horns atop his head. His nails were painted black, and his stunning face was enhanced by some red glitter that he'd placed onto his cheekbones like a beautiful highlight. There was a plasticky red pitchfork in one hand and a glass in the other.
I could see his eyes scanning over me the minute he saw me, and chills ran down my body as I watched him lick his lips before tugging his bottom lip under his teeth.