Chapter 4

Dave's POV
Later on after Jade left I was sitting there chilling listening to my sweet ass jams when there was a knock at the door.

I get up to hear a boy behind the door.
"Dave open up!"

"Who the hell is it..?"

"John!" He says. My eyes widen.
"John..?"
"Yeah that's what I just said!" I quickly run and get my shades, put on a long sleeved shirt. I open up the door to see John.
"Dude I thought you were just fucking with me.. When did you get out?"
"Earlier today!" He says with his usual dorky smile on his face. I can't help but smile back. Seeing John again after I thought I lost him was amazing.

"Did you tell Jade and Rose yet?"

"I plan on telling them tomorrow. Your the first one I've told. Don't tell them I want them to be surprised!" He laughs.

"Alright. Sounds cool." I laugh also. For about 2 and a half hours me and John sit there talking.

"Oh shit.. It's almost 10:00.." John says. "I should get going." He gets up.

"See you tomorrow, Egderp."

"See you tomorrow, Strider." He leaves and I'm alone. I put on my pajamas and go to bed.

-Time skip-

"Dave.." I hear someone say my name. Am I dreaming or something?
"Dave...!" There it is again.
"God damnit Dave wake the fuck up!" I open my eyes and see a man standing there.
"W-What the fuck.." I notice the guy has pointy glasses.
"Wait a minute.. Dirk?!?!" I say.

"Took ya long enought lil' man.. I made breakfast."

"Where the fuck have you been?" I say as I sit down with a glass of apple juice.

"Work."

"Sure.." By work he really meant out on some crazy adventure with his boyfriend Jake.. Probably doing the nasty. He sets down a plate of food.
"Thanks."

"What happened while I was gone?"

"Well, John was in the hospital."

"How the fuck did he get in the hospital?"

"Car accident."

"When did he learn to fucking drive?"

"No some asshole hit him with a fucking car."

"Oh. Shit."

"Yeah. He came by yesterday."
Me and Dirk talk for a few before I get up to get ready for school. I put on the usual, long sleeved shirt with jeans. I look at my phone to check the weather and it says it might rain so I grab a hoodie instead.

After I'm done I say by to Dirk and leave for hell. I mean school. I start walking and I meet up with John. We go to our usual meeting spot where Rose and Jade are. When they see us they run up with tears in their eyes because of John.
"When did you get out?!" Rose asks wiping away the tears.

"I got out yesterday. Dave was the first person I told." He says with his usual dorky smile.

We walk to school and I wave bye to them and walk to my locker. When I get to my locker I hear a familiar voice say my name.
"STRIDER!"
Oh shit.
"Hey Kitk-"
"WHY THE FUCK DID YOU BAIL ON ME YESTERDAY."
Shit. I totally forgot me and Karkat were working on a project.
"I HAD TO DO THE WHOLE FUCKING THING."
"Hey calm down.. I had plans."
"YOUR SAYING THE WHOLE FUCKING SPEECH." He hands me a few note cards. Doesn't look to hard.
I survive through half of the day. During lunch it starts raining. The teachers say we can eat indoors. I grab my lunch and walk inside. When I sit down I notice Jade isn't there.
"Where is Jade..? She's usually the first one here" I ask.
"She hasn't come yet." Rose responds.
"I'm gonna go look for her." I get up and start walking around. I go outside thinking she might be out there. God I hate the rain so much..
It's pouring and I can barely see. I notice a black haired girl behind the bleachers.
Jade..?
I walk over to see her.. And Karkat..? I hide behind the corner and look at them.
"Karkat.. I already told you! I don't like you.."
"YEAH YOU DO!"
"No I do-" Karkat pushes her up against the wall and she starts blushing.. A lot. He smirks as he leans up and kisses her. She kisses him back. When he stops she continues to kiss him. My eyes widen.
"N-No..." I say before falling on the ground. They both turn their attention towards me as I get up soaking wet. I feel tears run down my cheek as I run away.