Chapter Thirty-Eight

Walking back towards Ziyad's wing, feeling exhausted, clinging to his arm with both of hers, Heather leaned up against his side. Finally entering his suite of rooms, she removed her shoes to carry by the straps the marble-heated floor felt good against her stocking feet, almost slipping.

Would have if Ziyad hadn't had such a firm hold on her, sweeping her up into his arms, carrying her into his rooms, lights leading the way where they walked through sensory monitors. She didn't care, arms around his neck, nuzzling his neck.

"My prince," she sighed.

"Whose getting stabbed." He noted dryly, jerking her head back, reaching up to the tiara in her hair. She had forgotten about that, giving him a sheepish glance.

"Sorry."

"Let's get rid of the weapon then you can get back to what you were doing," he glanced at her sideways with an encouraging smile as he lowered Heather into a chair, removed the tiara, followed by the jewellery that was handed over to Sasha, making sure they got back where they belonged.

Leaving Heather curled up in a chair, Ziyad went off to get changed, coming back out wearing white loose pants, barefooted like her. She raised her arms, wiggling fingers with an invitation, her hands taken and hauled out of the chair into his arms, swaying towards him, humming.

She didn't need music. Together they swayed, holding each other, and she went back to nuzzling his neck. "This is nice," she purred, arms tightening around his neck, his cheek against hers.

"Did you enjoy yourself?"

"Yes, it was amazing. Your family is amazing, and your..."

"Incredible," he offered huskily.

She laughed to be swirled around on the spot. "That you are. Tell me about Kate."

His head lifted, stopping on the spot, still holding her. "Really? At a moment like this, you and me, where is the romance?"

Laughing, she kissed him then back to swaying, eyes meshing. "Sorry," she breathed against his lips. "I miss our Brisbane suite."

"You do?"

"Hmm, so I could see you any time I wanted," back to nuzzling his neck, as his arms tightened around her, holding hard against his frame, melting into him, his chest moved against hers as he drew in a sharp breath.

"I am sorry I can..." she reached up, pressing fingers against his lips, easing back, capturing his golden heated gaze.

"I know you are busy. We need to be separated. I'm lucky to be in the same wing as you. I miss being with you. When you came back from the set, we were together in the same room, in proximity to each other. Being in your company is what I miss the most."

Tenderly, he caressed hair from the side of her face. "That will change. Once we are married, you will be with me here at my side." He looked around the surrounding area. "Yes, it is a large area, but you will be with me." His heated gaze burned into hers that sizzled through her, curling her toes. "We will be one together forever."

Her finger brushed across his lips, mesmerised by his gaze. "Yes," she breathed. Something she had to believe to survive this. "I just hope I can be who you need me to be at your side."

"I think you have already proved that tonight you can. No one can fault your behaviour tonight. I know you do not know how the palace works or what's expected. I will teach you, show you. You learn quickly. I saw that tonight, you take notice and followed. You listen. Have understanding without judgement, your nature gives you the skills to do this. As for Kate, all you need to know is she's a princess. Her mother married a royal, so now a part of us."