Chapter 45, The Truth That Lies Beneath

⚠WARNING️⚠️

This fanfic is purely fictional that is only based on my imagination. I hope I don't offend anyone and I didn't mean to. In this chapter, there might be things that might trigger you, such as abuse, stockholm syndrome, human experiment, swearing, etc. You can skip if any of these things trigger you. I will tell you the summary of the chapter in the end so you don't miss anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

_Author Pov_

After the Upper Moon Meeting

The Demon King, Muzan stood beside the table, flasks in hand as he mix various types of potions.

' Why is it that they failed to do a simple task that even a human can do? They're all useless. ' He thought irritated as the grip on the flask tightens. ' Calm down. Remember that you need them, calm down. ' The flask on his hand shattered by his strength, liquid soaking his hand. He tries to calm himself down as he wipe his hand.

' Kuragari Tsukiko... '

Muzan thought as he recalled the foolish woman who was once his wife.

FLASHBACK

Foolish, Pathetic, Weak is what Muzan would describe his wife, Kuragari Tsukiko. ' Even if she's pulchritudinous, that doesn't change the fact that she's a pathetic, weak woman. '

'' I-i-i'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I-i won't do it again. P-please forgive me... '' The woman named, Kuragari Tsukiko hugged her husband leg as she begged for forgiveness. Where did her kind husband go? The husband who would treat her like she's the best person in the world? Now, her so kind and gentle husband is whipping her because she spilled water on him.

'' You. Why is it that you failed to do a simple task? You pathetic woman. '' His face contorted with rage, glaring down at the trembling woman before him. '' I-i'm s-sorry. I will be careful from now on... '' Tsukiko apologizes again, keeping her head down. '' Who gives you the right to speak? '' Her breath immediately caught up in her throat as her husband raised his hand up, striking her with the whip in his hand. She wouldn't even dare to let out her cries of pain, fearing her husband anger would get worse. She could only endure in silence as Muzan whipped her for three hours. After three hours, she could not handle the pain and fainted. Muzan just tched and just left her there, muttering about her being pathetic woman.

Despite her husband's everyday abuse and painful experiments, she couldn't leave him. She loved him even if he treat her like a lab rat and nothing more. Even when she succeed in leaving, she would always be welcome by her husband's smile and short period time of kindness but...their relationship always returned to the usual times.

As much as Tsukiko love her husband, Muzan on the other hand, didn't feel a ounce of love or any feelings for his wife. For him, she's just a puppet to achieve his goals. He had so many wives that suffered the same fate as Tsukiko. Unfortunately, They didn't last long, always died from his experiments or chose to suicide. Tsukiko is the only one, who can endure his daily abuse and experiments.

During his time with Tsukiko, his goal was to create a demon who can conquer the sun by using hybirdization method. ' Demon can't reproduce ' Muzan has known this information for centuries. That's the reason why he decided to use alchemy to create lives that contain both demon and human cells. To his frustration, everytime he experiment on his wives, it's always that they can't handle his blood and immediately turn into a puddle of nothing or they completely turned into a demon. Only Tsukiko survived.

His experiment with Tsukiko was a success. He successfully created a half-demon who is their daughter which Muzan didn't even bother to name. Her demon presence is so faint that Muzan doubt if you really are a half-demon who can conquer the sun. Muzan tried to experiment on you but your mother, Tsukiko begged her husband that you were only just an infant, that you wouldn't handle the pain and die. Muzan, who didn't want his creation to die agreed with her. However, Tsukiko still felt sorry for her daughter. She didn't want her daughter to suffer the same fate as hers. When you reach the age of ten, She ran away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Only in a few days, Muzan caught her. She was living with you in a small cottage, near the forest. Furious by her betrayal, he immediately killed her in the spot.

'' YOU DARE TO RAN AWAY FROM ME?! ''

'' M-muzan-sama- ''

Tsukiko closed her eyes, accepting her fate, she was also relieved that you were not home. ' I'm sorry, y/n.... ' He slashed his nails at her cutting her body in three pieces. Tsukiko's cut body went limp and fell to the floor. Only after she died, he realized. He killed his creation, who was still in Tsukiko's stomach. '' There's still another one. '' He reassured himself. He scearch the whole house and found out she has some connection with a certain village. Assuming, she hid you in that village, he marched to the village.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Terrified screams of poor fated people were heard in the village, blood red fire burning down the whole village but Muzan only has one goal in mind. To find you. As time passed, Muzan became more irritated by second. ' She's not in the village. ' Muzan angrily thought. Even after scearching the whole village, you were still not found.

From the darkroom of night develops a clear picture of dawn. Seeing it's almost dawn, Muzan immediately fled, swearing he would hunt you down.

FLASHBACK ENDED

Muzan's face conveys of a sinister grin. '' Now that I found you. It's only left for me to capture you and devour you. ''

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IF YOU SKIPPED, HERE'S THE SUMMARY

Y/n's mother is a woman named, Kuragari Tsukiko. She suffered abuse and painful experiments from her husband, aka Kibutsuji Muzan. She really loves Muzan but Muzan only sees her as a puppet. Muzan goal was to create a demon that can conquer the sun using hybridization method. But demons can't reproduce so he did all kinds of experiments on Tsukiko, and his previous wives. They all died or suicided. One time, his experiment succeed, creating a half-demon, you. But your mother didn't want you to suffer the same fate as her so she ran away with you when you reached ten. But Muzan caught her in a few days and killed her out of anger. Only after she died, he realized, he also killed his other creation, aka your sibling. He scearched the whole house and saw Tsukiko has some kind of business with a village. He thought your mother hid you in the village so he went to scearch you in the village but you're not there. He was angry but it's almost dawn so he fled. After that, the flashback ended and muzan swears that he'll definitely capture you and devour you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

_Taisho Secret_

None

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~