Chapter 23, Is He The One!?

_Author Pov_

The next morning, you were awakened by your crow constantly yelling at you and saying you have a mission.
You aggressively rubbed your eyes, angry that someone disturbs your peaceful morning. You made your bed.

You saw Aoi making riceballs in the kitchen. You took a few and thank her for the riceballs.

Your sour mood was cured by Shinobu greeting you good morning with a gentle smile. " Good morning! " you greeted back with a wide smile.

You and the trio were assigned to go on a mission with the Flame Hashira, Rengoku Kyojuro to the Infinite Train since the casualties were increasing with now more than forty people and needed to head west as soon as possible. You grab your sword and place it at the side of your hip and head out to say farewells. You were very excited about the mission since you heard a rumor that there's a possibility that you might encounter a waxing moon. It's the perfect chance to test your poisons! A happy grin forms on your face as you thought about many ways to kill the demon.

You were walking down the hallway and suddenly saw Kanao and a boy around your age chatting, well mostly the boy. The boy tried to get Kanao to talk to him but all he got was 'Sayonara' and a smile. You hid behind the wall and watch the scene with curiosity sparkled in your eyes. It was kinda surprising since you don't see Kanao talking to other people aside from you and the butterfly girls.

The boy then asked her why she used a coin to decide. But Kanao told him that it's not important. He disagrees and told her that she should follow her heart. Your eyes widen. Is he the one onee-sama talking about?! A smile makes its way to your face as you watched, happy for Kanao.

" Y/n? What are you doing? " Tanjiro almost gave you a heart attack with his presence. You shrieked out of fright and quickly cover your mouth before Kanao and the boy hears you. You put a finger on his mouth to hush him. He also peeked out from the wall, curious on what you are looking at.

'' Oh! It's Haruto and Kanao! '' Tanjiro exclaimed.

' So that boy name is Haruto, huh? '

The boy then tosses the coin on the air saying Kanao should follow her heart if it landed on head. It landed on head and the boy took Kanao by the hand.

You blush and quickly dragged Tanjiro with you and leave the scene to give them privacy, thinking they're gonna kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You walk down the hallway with Tanjiro, your mind still set on Kanao and the boy. You notice that Tanjiro is giving you side glances to see if you're really okay. You tried to make your mind think of something else not to make Tanjiro worried. But your mind didn't obey you and suddenly shows you images of Kanao and that boy kissing and something more, making you fluster even more. You slammed your head against the wall repeatedly, hoping that the pain will make the images disappear.

" Y/N! "

Tanjiro freaked out and tries to pry you off from the wall. Worried expression visible on his face, wondering why you are suddenly trying to hurt yourself.

You were finally calm with the help of Tanjiro. He constantly makes a conversation there and there to distract you. You of course were thankful for his kindness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You bid farewells to everyone and head out. You saw the trio and saw they've already blown their gourds. You went to them and the triplets gave you a huge gourd to blow. You effortlessly blow the gourd and the triplet compliment you, along with Tanjiro. Inosuke and Zenitsu were busy with their onigiris.

Then the water pillar appears out of nowhere and Tanjiro went to greet him. You just stand there awkwardly struggling to decide if you should greet him or not. You toss your coin and it landed on tails so you just stand there with the triplet, stuffing onigiris on your mouth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

_Taisho Secret_

Nezuko really likes it when Y/n play with her hair. They often play each other hair whenever Y/n is free.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the late update!😅ENJOY!!❤

Also, i hope you don't mind me pairing Kanao with one of my oc. I just don't want her to be lonely.😄