Chapter 32, A Bad Feeling

M/n - Mispronounced name

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

_Author Pov_

Tanjiro stares in amazement at Rengoku's skills. '' Stay where you are! '' Rengoku yelled, startling the three of you. '' If that wound reopens, it'll be fetal. Stand back! It's an order! Y/n! Treat that boy! '' Rengoku ordered, Which makes you, who is planning to help him fight freeze like statute.

" Don't bother with that weakling! Kyojuro! " Akaza yelled while attacking which he ignores. " Come on! Give me your best shot! Concentrate on me. " Akaza challenges.

Just like that, the fight between Uppermoon Three and Flame Hashira continued.

You decided to follow Rengoku's orders. You kneel beside Tanjiro and started unwarpping the blood-stained bandages to swap with the new ones. " It's okay. I am sure Rengoku-san is gonna be fine. He's really strong, I can smell it. " Tanjiro comfort you, which make you finally noticed that your fingers haven't stopped trembling. Of course you know how strong Rengoku is. Being a Hashira's tsuguko, you definitely know how strong the Hashiras are. They are called Hashiras for a reason. But for some reason you don't know of, your chest feel tight and the bad feeling hasn't gone away. It's like a part of you is yelling desperately at you that something bad is going to happen. " Thank you. I hope you're right. " You mindlessly replied.

" Rengoku-san! "

" Oi Goggle eyes!"

Both Tanjiro and Inosuke called out while you frowned when they saw Rengoku got kicked back. " Turn into a demon, Kyojuro. " Akaza keep suggesting. " You have what it takes to do that! " But he got the same response. " No, I will not. "

" There's no opening. I can't jump in. I can't keep up with the speed of their movements! Those two are in a different dimension. " Inosuke commented. " Getting between them would only mean death! I can feel it in my bones! "

You flinched when Akaza punched Rengoku. Feeling your heartbeat getting louder, you shakily reached for your sword.

' Rengoku-san... ' Tanjiro worriedly thought.

" Even if you fight to death, you can't win, Kyojuro. " You gripped the hilt of the katana as Akaza keep rambles on.

" Let's fight each other for eternity! "

" Set your heart ablaze. Go beyond your limits! I am the Flame Hashira...Rengoku Kyojuro! " Rengoku prepares to attack.

" Ninth Form! " The Flame dragon appeared along with the blade, charging at Akaza.

" Annihilation Type! " Akaza also attacks.

An explosion erupted, making both Tanjiro and Inosuke unable to see. The smokes disappeared only to reveal, Rengoku, and Akaza's arm cut off with Y/n in the middle of them with her blade.

Tanjiro quickly look at the side and saw your spot empty.

Akaza tsked and tries to escapes, pulling you along with him which you all didn't expect. " At least, you can become a demon! Y/n! " He exclaims.

" Y/n! "

" M/n! "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FLASHBACK

" Kyojuro... " Rengoku's mother called out which Rengoku responded. " Yes, mother! "

" I want you to think hard.....about what I'm about to ask you. " She started. " Do you know why you were born stronger than others? " Rengoku replied honestly. " I don't know! "
" So that you can save weaker people. Those who were born blessed with more gifts than others are obligated to use those gifts for the world and other people. You must never use that god-given strength to hurt others or for personal gain. It's the duty of those born strong to help the weak. It's a mission they must fulfill responsibly. Make sure you never forget that. " She finished.

" I won't! " Rengoku responded.

Rengoku's mother stretched out her arm to which Rengoku leans into her embrace. " I don't have much time to live. I was blessed to be the mother of such a strong and gentle child. I will entrust everything to you. " She said to which Rengoku's eyes become teary.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Y/n! "

" M/n! "

Tanjiro struggles to stand as he lost concentration on his breathing when he saw you got captured by the upper three. ' THAT BASTARD! ' He clenched his jaw. ' No...keep calm. I cann't let my emotions control me. ' He took a deep breathe and concentrated.

" Let go! " You exclaims as you struggles to escape Akaza's iron grip. Rengoku strikes at his neck, despite his exhaustion, feeling more irritated at Akaza. Akaza tries to strikes again but was shocked when he can't move. He look at the arm and realizes that you had poisoned his arm and now his arm is paralyzed. Your mouth form a sinister smirk. " Now die, You f*cker. "

The sun started to comes up as the three struggled. ' Damn! It'll daybreak soon! I have to kill him and get out of here with her! ' Akaza tries to escape.

" I won't let you escape! " You both exclaim as you both add more strength at the sword to cut his neck.

" No matter what Rengoku-san says...I have to cut off the demon neck! I can't let him escape! Not when he tried to hurt Y/n! " Tanjiro picked up his sword.

' The sun is coming up! I have to get away! ' Akaza thought as he tries to escapes but failed to do so. " Out of my way! "

" Beast Breathing, Fang One...Pierce! "

Inosuke strikes but Akaza ripped off both of his arms and fled, freeing you in process.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

_Taisho Secret_

Tanjiro and Y/n have a habit of holding hands unconsciously while walking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed! \\\\٩( 'ω' )و ////