The Return Home

You decide to return home. You have been traumatized by this experience; and just want to go home and hide in fear. You decide to walk home, to let off some steam. The walk is very long, and you have plenty of time to go over your thoughts.

Why was that the escape room? It wasn't even enjoyable. I payed money for this? Just to only ALMOST get killed? Did my friends know about this and that's why they ditched me?

As you wrap up your thoughts, you approach the front door of your house. You reach in your right coat pocket to grab your house key out. You go to put the key in the door, but then you realize that the door is already cracked open.

"oh my gosh, if my day could get any worse."

You decide to go inside the house, fearing that your pet ferret Jerry might of escaped his cage and ran out the door.
"Jerry where are you-"

You stop in your foot steps.

You are in complete utter shock with what you see.

The all famous Duolingo owl named Duo is sitting in a red velvet throne in the middle of your front room. Your friends, Shaun, Ella, and Duke are tied up with black duck tape. They are taped across their wrists, mouth, and ankles. From your television, you notice spanish lessons playing and each of your friends fearfully listening to the lessons.

"Well, well, well, look who finally decided to return." said Duo with a demanding tone. "it looks like all 4 of you failed to complete your daily spanish lesson, and you know how important it is for each of my victims...I mean students to learn this language."

"Wait then was the escape room your idea? Did you plan for me to get killed?!" you asked, cutting straight to the point, your tone raising as you spoke.

Duo explained, "Why, yes of course. Made a few changes in plans in matters of how the escape room would go, and made it stupidly easy with one of my most controversial questions I discuss with my peers. I hired a few of my minions and the plan was complete. Out of your friends, you have missed the most spanish lessons, 69 to count, and so you had to be punished this way. Your friends were kidnapped by some of my other minions and forcefully cancelled the escape room so that it would be just you, only you, working in the escape room. You are too smart though, and my plan didn't go as wanted. So here we are now." Duo paused for a second, looking to the ground. Suddenly he quickly raised his head and sat up straight in his throne. "GET HIM SHREK!" violently screamed Duo and within seconds you were tackled to the ground by a big, smelly, green looking ogre.

Everything went black.

Note: I'm going to make this an actual story now mwahaha. I hope you enjoy the cliffhanger :)