2.20 - Style Queen

3rd Person POV:

"Tonight, the Grand Palais hosts the most eagerly awaited event of the year! The sensational fashion designer Gabriel Agreste and a major event always brings prestigious guests! Mayor of Paris, André Bourgeois is expected to attend the show with his wife who is entirely respected in the fashion industry..."

(Y/N) tunes the rest out when Tikki begins to speak.

"Honestly you two, it's perfect the way it is!" Tikki tries to soothe their minds.

(Y/N) and Marinette were assigned to recreate their masterpiece from when they had a project in school to design a hat for Adrien's photoshoot. Only now, it was going to be featured in Gabriel's new line of clothes.

"Tikki, I don't know. I feel like it's the ugliest hat in the world and Adrien is supposed to model it in front of everybody." Marinette worriedly states. "He'd resent us for the rest of his life! I have zero talent. And everyone's gonna find that out tonight!"

"You two are great designers! Besides, if the hat was so ugly, why did the Gabriel Agreste handpick it for his fashion show?" Tikki states.

"But what people see that it's a synthetic pigeon feather and not a real one?" (Y/N) questions. "The whole synthetic part of it was my idea so if people don't like it..."'

"You did the right thing to replace it. You remembered that he was allergic to real feathers so you fixed it upon that basis." Feu lands atop her head. "He'd be sneezing all the way down the catwalk so if anything, you'd be saving him the embarrassment."

"You're right." Marinette agrees. "Besides, we don't have time to make changes anyway. The show begins in.. OH NO! We're gonna be late again!"

"Get in, Feu!" (Y/N) holds out her bag and Feu gets in as Tikki gets in Marinette's bag.

(Y/N) quickly boxes up the hat and takes it with her as Marinette leads the way.

The two girls arrive to see a limo pull up to the red carpet, and the news reporters immediately begin to take photos and videos.

"Here she comes, the international queen of fashion, director of Style Queen Magazine, Audrey Bourgeois!" Nadia announces as the mayor opens the door for his wife and daughter.

"André, do me a favor and fire the chauffeur. I can't believe Gabriel's staff is allowed to drive like that!" Audrey tells her husband.

"And neither do I." Chloe copied her mother's stance.

"Yes.. of course, Audrey dear." André smiles awkwardly.

"Oh no.. it's Audrey Bourgeois.." Marinette shivers, one of her biggest idols was in front of her.

Tikki and Feu pop their heads out the bag in confusion.

"Only the most biggest fashion critic in the entire world! I didn't know she was coming.." Marinette shrieks.

"I did." (Y/N) scoffs. She would've been in the same position as Marinette was in had she not known that she was Chloe's mother. And Chloe herself was the one who told her that she'd be there.

That doesn't mean she doesn't want her to like her creation though.

"She's gonna hate our hat for sure.." Marinette backs away.

"I'm sure she won't. Come on, Marinette, Adrien's waiting for you two." Tikki gives the bluenette a pep-talk.

Marinette and (Y/N) tune into the interview, trying to see what would be said.