2.14 - Syren

3rd Person POV:

"Nadia Chamack, reporting live above Paris, a bunch of escaped animals are invading the city! But Ladybug, Chat Noir, Phoenix, and their new friend Rena Rouge are already on the spot."

The heroes run above the local swimming center, where Kim and a friend of his, Ondine, were hanging out.

"I'm sure they'll get the animals back super fast." The lifeguard reassured them.

"You're right, sir. They're the best." Kim agrees and the lifeguard leaves. "I wish I could be a superhero. The powers, the secrets, the costume! That would be awesome, right?"

"Yeah, sure!" Ondine giggles as she takes a notebook and begins to write in it.

"How could I become one?" Kim muses, "You think there's some kind of superhero school or something? Or maybe more like a super secret training facility?"

"You wanna know my secret?" Ondine asks, holding up her waterproof bracelet that held a note inside.

This was a special game they made to get to know each other long ago, they throw the bracelet with the note into the water and once the person finds it, the swim back to the surface and only then are they allowed to read what's inside.

"Oh yeah! Totally! I love this game!" Kim says excitedly.

She tosses it into the water and Kim dives after it. Within a few seconds, Kim returns to the surface and opens the note, "I have a serious crush on this boy but he has no idea."

The girl subtly blushes as she looks away from him, but her eyes snap back when she hears Kim laugh.

"That boy's clueless." Kim jokes. "Okay, now it's my turn."

Kim writes something on a sheet of paper, places it inside the bracelet, and tosses it into the pool.

Ondine dives in and quickly grabs the bracelet, opening it up and reading its contents, "I can stick my big toe inside my ear?"

She looks up and sees Kim demonstrating his hidden talent with a goofy smile.

She couldn't help but laugh at his antics.

Kim hands her the notepad and begins to stretch. Ondine thinks for a minute before writing, "Let's stop beating around the bush."

Kim dives into the water after she tosses the bracelet, coming up a few seconds later. He goes to open the note but was interrupted by an alarm set on his watch.

"The movie! I almost forgot!" Kim rushes out of the water to dry himself off.

"But.. we haven't finished yet!" Ondine tries to stop him.

"I've really gotta split, I asked Chloe to come. Remember? The girl I told you about in my class?" Kim winks playfully before rushing off, "Next time, I promise!"

Ondine sadly looks after him, picking up the note he dropped. She read its contents and whimpers, "The boy I'm crushing on... is you."

|~|

"Poor little mermaid, how many times have you tried to tell your prince how you feel? And how many times has he dismissed you?" Hawkmoth examines the broken-hearted girl, "Fly away, my little akuma, and evilize her!"