14.

Germany looked though the window. The clouds on the horizon colored in orange and the sky was slowly turning blue again. The sun will rise soon, and he still didn't manage to fall asleep.

Not that he can't sleep but because SOMEONE fell asleep on his lap. Not that he minded, he knew they couldn't fit on the back seat together. Even Russia was sleeping in an uncomfortable position. Yet he was sleeping peacefully? HOW?!

Germany would cup his cheek with his palm, run his fingers up and down Russia's arm gently or run them through his hair. He was afraid that that would wake him up but yet he couldn't resist.

He doesn't even know how he managed to get them in this situation in the first place. How did he gather the courage to agree on this? He had no idea but he was definitely glad about it.

His eyes moved back towards the window. He stared into the distance, his hand on Russia's chest. He could feel his heart beating and that made him smile to himself. But that smile soon turned into a look of sadness.

He was fully aware that this will not be easy. They got themselves in a really dangerous situation. His father won't have mercy on him, not to talk about Russia and the others.

What if they don't make it out alive? His heart drops to his feet just at the thought of it. He has to figure out how to get them out of this. And by them he definitely doesn't count himself. He'll give up his life to fix the chaos his father created.

That's when he felt a strong grasp on his hand. His entire body froze. Once he got the courage to look down he saw Russia holding onto it tightly, still asleep.

He felt tears forming in his eyes. He felt the need to scream at the top of his lungs, but instead only silent sobs escaped his lips.

He covered his mouth with his hand to keep himself quiet and leaned back into the seat so his tears wouldn't drip down onto Russia's face and wake him up.

'I swear to God, if something bad happens to him I will never forgive myself', he thought to himself as more tears escaped his eyes.

All that he could think of right now is the horrible things his father did. He was there, forced to watch that horror with his own eyes. He saw too many children being tortured and killed, some his age, some younger, some not more than a few months old. He could still hear them screaming and crying for help, but he couldn't do anything to saw them.

"Germany?..."

He snapped out of his thoughts and looked down at Russia. He was rubbing his eyes and slowly set up. Germany quickly wiped his tears and put a smile on his face.

"Why are you getting up so early? Go back to sleep."

"Yeah, right. I could ask you the same question. And why were you crying? What's wrong?"

"Oh.. um-... n-nothing... It was just a bad dream..."

"Bad dream? You slept in a sitting position this whole time?"

"Well, yes..."

Russia looked down with guilt in his eyes. Germany noticed and immediately placed his hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry about it. I don't really need much sleep. I can stay up for three days in a row without sleep. It's totally fine."

"Is it because of nightmares?..."

This question surprised Germany, but now that he thought about it that was the main reason why he didn't get quality sleep for who knows how long.

"Yeah. They are quiet frequent. But that's okay."