1.

6 years ago

"Отец?"

"Yes son."

"Can you help me with this?"

Soviet walked to the kitchen table and set down. He took Russia's book from him. They were working on his homework. It was 10:00pm and the only light they had was coming from the small lamp above their heads.

"Here, I'll explain it to you," Soviet said placing the book in front of him and pointing at a part of text on the page.

Maybe he didn't have much time for his son but he did his best to be a good father as much as he could be. They would stay up many nights working on this.

Russia was 13 years old then. And that night was the last night that he spent with his father...

Present

Life is a difficult battle all of us had to fight. Some with love and support given by their family and friends, and some with nothing but just themselves.

Russia was one of those lone wolfs. Since he was 13 he has been taking care of himself. His father died 5 years ago and since then he lived alone. But he didn't mind it. He was pretty much used to it. Not like he had a choice.

They say that pain builds your character. And he couldn't disagree with that. Pain turned him into who he is today.

A well educated, hardworking and strong man.

Yes, going through the things he went through has also it's bad sides.

He's an alcoholic and smoker. He gets frustrated and mad easily. Also he can be aggressive sometimes. But most of all he's a man that trusts no one... No one at all...

One day, as soon as he woke up, he got himself ready for the meeting with the other countries. Today was the day when they would accept him as one of them since he's now old enough to be considered a mature person that can talk about serious topics and discuss about them.

He would be asked a couple of questions and his answers would be taken as a sign of him being ready or not.

He got out of his house and went into his car. His warm jacket on him and his ushanka on his head. He placed his papers on the co-driver's seat and started the car.

Once in front of the building in which they should have a meeting, he took a deep breath and made his way inside.

He walked to the elevator and went up to the 6th floor. Once the door opened he stepped into a small hallway with only one door on the end of it.

"Okay. This is it... Today is the big day I was waiting for for so long. I can't screw this up."

He gathered all his confidence and walked through that door. He didn't look up immediately as he walked in but he could feel everyone's eyes on him.

He looked up. He was inside a room the size of a whole floor in front of him with at least a hundred people in it. They were all sitting at a huge table in the shape of a ring. Of course this was nothing new to him. They were in his country after all, so this room was designed by his wish.

One of the countries stood up and cleared his throat.

"Right on time. Please, take a seat," UK said and gestured for him to sit on the spare chair.