20.

"Finally!," America cheered.

He stretched, his back cracking with every small movement he made. Once done he groaned in relief.

"Yup. That's it. The Élysée Palace. Home sweet home!," Australia said as he laughed nervously.

Germany, who was standing right beside him, looked at the slightly shorter man with worry. His eyes then went all the way over to Russia. The taller one nodded his head, knowing exactly what's on Germany's mind.

"This one's on the two of us. The three of you stay put."

And as if they were slapped over the face the three brothers turned around to face Russia.

"Hell no you won't! What if-," America tried to complain, but got immediately cut off.

"America?!"

The tone made the other one calm down a little, careful not to cause any unwanted response from Russia.

"You've done enough. All of you. Let us take over from here."

"Russia, you really don't have to do this for us. We'll be okay," Australia tried to ensure him but with no success.

"I know you will. And I know we don't have to do this, but we want to. We don't want you to go through this. No matter how hard things are for the entire world right now, no one paid the price the three of you had to pay. Give yourselves a break. Okay?"

Australia and America looked at each other for a split second before realizing that Canada is a bit too quiet. They turned their attention to him, and there he was, staring at the palace, not paying any attention to what the rest of them were talking about.

Russia's face softened as he looked over to Canada as well. Germany was already making his way over to him.

"Canada? Do you want to say anything?"

Canada turned his attention to Germany for a second, and then back to the palace.

"Whatever you decide is okay with me..."

Germany looked back at Russia, trying to find an answer to what causes this behavior. Russia shook his head, not being sure himself.

Germany then looked down to the ground, getting lost in his thoughts while trying to figure out an answer. And that's when it clicked.

Even though France was a wonderful woman, lovely wife and caring mother, who loved all three of her sons equally, Canada had the strongest connection with her. Being here definitely hurt him more than the others.

"Canada, do you want to talk?...," Australia tried to talk to him.

"No need to..."

America's face suddenly lit up and he ran down the street.

"America?! Where the hell are you going?!," Australia yelled but got no answer.

America disappeared in the crowd and, just as quickly, reappeared from it. He was carrying a large bouquet of white roses. Australia gasped, falling down to his knees as tears streamed down his cheeks.

America stopped next to Canada and showed him the bouquet. Canadas eyes widened in shock. He looked up at America, whose sunglasses were hiding his teary eyes.

"Here. Go say goodbye to mom for us..."

"I don't think I can..."

"I know what's stressing you out... You used to buy her roses every time you came to visit her... It's your old tradition... Go and take them to her office... She'd be happy to receive them even tho... Even tho she's not here anymore...," America said with tears streaming down his cheeks as he tried to keep his voice steady and calm.