Chapter Fourteen.

- ♡ ♡ ♡-

- ♡ ♡ ♡-

The two layed in bed in the middle of the night. Beatrice was laying on his chest.

He felt guilty for his mother making her feel judged in anyway but he felt happy knowing she trusted him and maybe could love him.

" I'm sorry about kicking off, earlier." Bea spoke up.

" It's alright. I just don't want to lose you. You make me really happy, Beatrice."

Bea looked up at him and smiled.

" You make me happy too."

Luca smiled before leaning down and kissing her before she went back to placing her head on his chest again.

Bea traced a tattoo that was on his chest with her finger.

" Did Tommy really win an OBE?" Luca asked confused as when his mother mentioned it was the first he heard of it.

" I didn't tell you? He mentioned it in his letter."

" He's really up there now, hm?"

" He's also been rewarded a seat in the house of commons."

" You're brother as a politic? Wow." Luca laughed.

Bea began to laugh as well.

When their laughter died down Bea spoke.

" I'm sorry what I said about your mum she just- I don't know what it is."

" I understand she gets to you. Suppose most mother in laws tend to."

Bea smiled and held onto him tighter.

" Do you remember much of you're mother?" Luca asked her.

" Not really Ada would tell me about her. Aunt Polly always said she was beautiful. And that she had a beautiful soul too."

" Was she gyspy too?"

Bea nodded.

" Dad was more wild then her though. He used to take us out into the woods and catch rabbits for us and cook them over a fire." Beatrice smiled at her short memories.

" I could find out the men who killed him, if you want?"

" No. He deserved it. Arthur tried to kill himself because of him."

" Explains a lot about Arthur."

" He tries, he does. He's just messed up. They all are."

" Did all of you're brother's go off to war."

" All of them bar Finn, ofcourse. Everyday aunt Polly would pray for them. Every night I would too, pray they'd come home. They came home but they weren't themselves. Was like strangers were in my brother's bodies, couldn't recognise them. Tommy used to laugh and smile. Used to spend every day with horses. Arthur he was stupid and funny but he was Arthur. John, he lost his wife when he came back so he hid it all. He used to come in late at night to Polly and cry, I would hear him sometimes. Like Polly says no man came back the same."

" Angel used to annoy me when I was younger. But I loved him. I beat many people up protecting him when we were younger. When we got older it was two of us against the world. You'd like him."

Bea looked up at him and smiled.

" You probably wouldn't like John, well John wouldn't like you. He held grudges and judged harshly." Bea laughed.

The two sat in silence as Luca just ran his fingers through her hair and they both fell asleep.