Chapter Twelve.

- ♡ ♡ ♡-

- ♡ ♡ ♡-

" Could you please ask the maid to put the silk sheets on the bed. Mr. Changretta prefers those over the cotton."

" Ofcourse, Mrs. Changretta."

" Grazie, Giula."

Bea thanked Giula before walking down the stairs.

She walked into the dining room as Luca was reading the morning paper while eating his breakfast.

" Good morning, Amore."

" Good morning. Anything exciting for today?" Bea asked as she placed her napkin in her lap before she began to eat.

" I've got a couple meetings in the city, that's about it."

" What about you?"

" So you're not too busy today?"

" I should be home before 5 if that's what you're asking?"

" I've been thinking..."

Luca paused and gave her his full attention. He didn't know where she was getting at.

" I wanna learn Italian."

Luca was shocked.

" Really?"

" Ofcourse! Why wouldn't I? I mean it's your language and everyone who works for us. And I don't know I feel... forgotten sometimes, I don't know what going on half the time. And you said you're mother learned it after she married you're father."

" Bea, you don't have to if you don't want to."

" But I do! I want to be able to speak to the people who work for me. I want to be able to speak to my husband in his language."

Luca didn't know what to say. There was a couple of times he thought she would never be able to love him. Or never would love him. And now she's calling him her husband.

" Non vedo l'ora di insegnart, amore mio." Luca said as he folded his paper before standing up.

" What does that mean?" Bea asked with a smile on her face.

" I'd love to teach you, my love." Luca told her before he placed a kiss on the side of her head and made his way out of the dining room.

Beatrice couldn't stop herself from smiling.

Luca didn't come home until that evening. Bea was in the living room, sewing. After Luca had arranged some fabric and sewing needles and such were by her side a few weeks ago.

" Ciao, Amore mio!" Luca said as he came into the living room.

" Ciao." Bea smiled. She had spent some of the day reading a italian book and the english version too.

" Cosa stai facendo?" Luca asked her.

" Hmm?" Bea turned to her husband who sat beside her, his arm on the back of the sofa.

" What are you making?" Luca smiled.

" Oh." Bea laughed.

" I'm making you a shirt. Since i've no tiny children to make clothes for." Bea smiled.

" Can I have a look?" Luca asked her and she handed him the white shirt.

Luca held it up and examined it and felt the material.

" Wow, che bello." Luca laughed.

" Better then the one's my uncle make's me." Luca smiled as he handed her back the shirt.

" Oh guess what I got today." Bea smiled as she put the shirt down beside her and took out an envelope.

Bea held the envelope up to him while she smiled.

" A letter?"

" From Tommy."

" What does he say?"

" I mean a lot of it is in Rokka, but he just says he wish it didn't have to come down to that decision and he hopes I can forgive him."

" Do you?"

" I mean I suppose. I never held it against him. I didn't hold anything against anyone. Maybe you but that's reasonable."

" Me!" Luca laughed.

" Well you were the enemy." Bea told him.

" And what am I now?"

" My husband." She smiled.

Luca just looked down at her, smiling.

" E tu sei la mia bella moglie." Luca smiled before leaning down to her and placing a small
kiss on her lips.