Chapter 12: The Last Day Alive

Start from the beginning

“Shut your dirty mouth up, Mr. Doctor.” I disappeared out of his office.

***

5 Days Later...

The room has red, romantic candlelight at every corner. Lilith switched off the light and cat walked towards Damon, who just came back from work.

“Oh, sweetheart. W..what are we celebrating?” He asked, looking stunned as he raised his gaze to her slim body. She had a red silky nightwear on and, in her hand, was a glass of red wine.

“You’ve forgotten?” She chuckled softly at him. “It’s our six months anniversary.”

“Really?” Damon asked, loosening his black tie.

“Yeah. It’s six months of love... Six months of being together.”

“Wow, our room feels like heaven.” Damon looked around in amazement as he chewed on his lower lip. “What are your plans?”

“Nothing much, actually. We’d spend the night together, having fun.” She whispered and tiptoed to where he was standing.

Lilith walked up to him, her seductive red nails trailed down his chest, to his waist. She opened his jacket and took it off his shoulder. It dropped while they stared into each other’s eyes intensely.

With red roses spread on the floor, Damon pulled her closer as she let out a soft moan to that single touch. He tilted his head while Lilith leaned against him with her hands firmly wrapped around his neck.

Damon held her closer and placed his hand on her face. He took a love bite from Lilith’s full red lips with his hands around her waist. She held the kiss and wrapped her legs against him. Damon grabbed her honey blonde hair, leading her to their master-sized bed. It had rose petals placed in the middle of it in the shape of love. After placing her on the bed, Damon abruptly cut the kiss, holding onto his heavy breaths. He could feel the burning feeling of pleasure in her eyes.

“Happy anniversary, Damie!” She whispered into his ears with hoarseness and fast breaths.

Lilith opened his shirt slowly, twisting each button with her thumb and third finger, while Damon tenderly squeezed her succulent breast. He placed his lips on her chest and pulled up Lilith's nightwear. He ran his finger along her breastbone, finally climbing onto the bed and positioning himself to his wife. Her skin had the scent of wild roses and her lips tasted like strawberries. Although Damon had gradually fallen in love with Lilith, she was one of a kind.

When Damon’s shirt fell open, she lingered over the kiss to his neck and then his bare chest. Damon gasped as her hands finally reached for his black leathery belt. She unbuckled it with one pull, while he caressed her breasts. After placing her on the bed gently, Damon leaned to her side because of her enormous stomach. Like an ice cream, Damon licked her nipples. Then, he sucked on it and moved his lips slowly down her stomach, even though pregnant. Lilith was a rough lady. Damon proceeded and removed her underwear. Kissing her just above her pubic bone, he slipped two fingers inside her. Lilith moved into his hands until he stopped suddenly, removing his fingers as if he’d thought better of the whole thing.

“What’s it?” Lilith asked.

“I think someone called my name.” He jerked off while Lilith propped herself up on her elbows to get a clearer view.

The window cried to the sound of the breeze that slightly blew in and the burning candles suddenly went off. All at once.

Damon got up, squinching through the dimness of the room. The full, magnificent moon radiated its reflection to the room.

“What’s that?” Lilith gasped, widening her ears in fear.

“What’s happening? Damon raised his head from the bed as the door of their room suddenly opened.

Then it closed.

Then it opened again.

“Wait, what’s that?” Lilith cried again in fear.

“It must be breeze.” Damon suggested, and Lilith queried.

“Are you sure?”

“B..but I locked the door when I entered. I’m sure I turned the key. I locked it.” He stuttered.

The door closed and opened again. Cracking to the suspense of the darkness. Then it banged into their scared faces.

“Baby, it’s not breeze.” Lilith swallowed.

“Yes, I... I can see. It’s not breeze.” Damon replied to her. He felt crushed.

Then I appeared in front of them, revealing myself. Lilith clung to Damon as if she’s seen a ghost.

I stared at the both of them with blood pouring out of my eyes. Of course, it wasn’t tears. Tormented witches that had been through so much, cry blood. It depends.

“Adelaide... It’s you?” Damon stuttered. “It’s quite a while. A.. actually I searched for you. I wanted to apologise for all that happened. My business was falling, and I felt guilty somehow. Then, I didn’t find you. I’m sorry for breaking your heart like this... I’m truly sorry.” His pleading voice cracked.

“I have nothing to say to you.” I said to Lilith. She’s already peed herself on the bed. It was none of my business.

“Y..yes, ma’am.” She shifted away from Damon. Chewing on her trembling fingernails.

“Because I don’t know you.” I continued.

“Thanks so much, ma’am.” Lilith rubbed her hands together while pleading. She pulled up the blanket to cover her nakedness.

“Damon.”

“Yes.” He breath hard on the reply.

“You tempted me to cause a scene.” A gentle grin formed on my lips. “Since I realized I had powers, I promised never to kill anyone no matter how guilty, but today, I would.”

“I’m sorry, Adelaide. Please find somewhere in your heart to forgive me.” He pleaded. Puffing and panting at the words.

“Forgive you? Damon, you betrayed! I gave you a chance but you failed me!” I raised my voice at him and he shivered.

“You’re not a murderer... You are Adelaide Cooper. Please, don’t.” A single sweat dropped to his face, and he wiped it off, fearfully.

“Then you don’t even know me... ex-husband. You thought I was quiet when you met me. When you talked to me, I was quiet. When you know me, you get scared that I’m quiet.” The red tears washed my eyes as I muttered the words. I felt to useless, like a crybaby.
“I wish you understand how insane you are right now. You do not know. It’s a pity, the one who made one suffer is not to blame but the one who should rescue someone but failed to do so.”

“Actually... all was a mistake. I didn’t hurt you deliberately. I still love you, Adelaide.”

Standing in front of them, one could heart the racing pound of their heartbeats.

“Where is your mum?” I demanded.

“She’s inside... In her room, I guess. MOTHER!” Damon screamed.

“MOTHER!” he inhaled and yelled again. MOTHER!! WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU?!!"

Damon climbed down onto the bed with his dropping pants, still on. His whole body was dripping wet from the fear of death.

Or was it me?