SIXTEEN

REMUS:
"I can come to your house next time if you want?" Lily says as I'm walking out her front door.
"No thats okay," I say a little too quickly. "You don't live far and I enjoy the walk."
"Well if your sure," she shrugs. "I'll see you in a couple days then!"
"See ya," I wave as I start down the front path.
I'm quite happy I got paired Lily. She's smart, funny, and doesn't make me do all the work on my own. James keeps trying to get us all to get together to
work on our projects, but I know that won't work. James will be flirting with Lily the whole time so that we can't get our work done. Sirius will be trying to play wingman for James while simultaneously be trying to get in my pants, meaning no one would get any work done.
My phone rings and I see it's a call from Sirius who's supposed to be at a coffee shop working with Marlene right now, but I answer anyways.
"Remus!" he exclaims as if he hasn't talked to me in forever. He's driving and has the phone in his lap.
"Sirius!" I answer mocking his tone.
"Can I come over before you go to work for awhile?" he asks.
"Sure," I answer with a shrug. "We just have to make sure we don't get sidetracked and I'm late."
He smirks, "I'll put a timer on my phone."
I roll my eyes, "I'm almost home so come over whenever."
"I'm almost to your house," he grins cheekily.
"So you called even though you were gonna come over anyways?"
"Yeah pretty much, this was mostly to see if you were still with Lily or not."
"Ill see you soon," I say hanging up the phone.
When I get back to my house Sirius is already parked in the drive way. He gets out when he sees me approaching and immediately hugs me when I walk up to him.
"You okay?" I ask him hugging him back tightly because he seemed like he needed it.
"No," he says, his voice cracking making me realise he's crying.
"Cmon let's go inside love," I say, concern filling my voice.
I grab his hand and lead him inside and into my room, locking the door behind me. He immediately buried his face in my sweater again, his body shaking from how much he was crying. I lead him over to the bed and lay down, pulling him into my chest.
"Do you wanna talk?" I ask him running my fingers through his hair and scratching his scalp gently.
"I hate my family," he sobs, his hand clutching my sweater like he's scared I'm gonna leave him.
I wait a moment to see if he's going to continue before asking, "What happened?"
"Mother."
"Can you look at me?" I ask him. He shakes his head and hides his face in my chest again. "Please?" I add.
After a moment or two he lifts his head and looks at me and I can see the black eye forming. I run my thumb along the forming bruise and than kiss his temple. "I'm assuming she did that?"
"Yes," he whimpers leaning his head into my hand more.
"Do you wanna tell me why or do you just need me to hold you?"
"Hold me," he says laying his head back down. "Talk later."
I hold him like that for a solid hour and half before he finally sniffs and sits up. I sit up as well and he snuggles into my side so that he can talk but he's still close to me.
"She was drunk I think," he says. "Something about my grades, I'm not sure really I tend to block her out when she's yelling."
"And she just hit you?" I prompt.
"She threw an apple at me," he says with a humourless chuckle. "The bitch has a good throw apparently."
"Did you throw it back?"
He snorts, "I wish."
"Is that why you weren't with Marlene?"
"Yeah, I texted her and said something came up and we need to reschedule," he sighs. "How was Lily?"
"She was good actually, I quite liked her," I tell him.
"Did you ask her about a big group to all work on our project so James can try and get to know her?"
I laugh, "No one would get any work done."
"Yes we would!"
"No we wouldn't!"
"And why's that?"
"James would be flirting with Lily the whole time and you'd be trying to play wingman," I scoff.
"Well that's true, but we would still get work done. Between you and Lily you'd make us do work."
"We'd try but James and you would be too distracted."
"Well if you put a bag on your head I wouldn't get distracted," he smiles cheekily.
I roll my eyes, "Youd still find something about me to distract you."
"Yeah I could just think about all the things I'd rather be doing with you than homework," he says smirking at me
"Oh yeah like what?" I ask curiously.
"Well you," he says bluntly, making me blush which causes him to grin and kiss my jaw. "I love when you blush."
"Shut up," I grumble.
"Make me."
I pull him up by his throat and kiss him hard on the lips. He immediately melts into the kiss, climbing on top of me so he's straddling my hips. He wraps his hands in my hair, tugging at my curls gently and causing me groan into his mouth. It doesn't take long for Sirius to start grinding his hips down into mine.
"When do you have to be at work?" he asks against my lips.
"3:30," I respond.
"We've got 30 minutes before we need to leave," he pulls back smirking down at me seductively. "I think that's enough time don't you?"
I set a timer on my phone for 25 so I have time to change and go back to kissing him.