Group Introductions

Start from the beginning

I watched a taller silver-haired girl put her hands on each of their shoulders.

     "Girls, let's not scare her off. We can't have a repeat of what happened with the pizza man." She sighed. "He never did come back."

     Huh?

     What pizza man?

     What is happening??

    The three girls turned to me and quickly apologized. I nodded absently, still questioning what they had to do to make a pizza delivery man never want to come back.

     "Guys, maybe we should move so she can get in?"

     The voice was blunt but quiet, and I furrowed my eyebrows as I searched for it's owner. My eyes finally landed on a girl to the left of Ae-cha, her face barely showing underneath the pink-haired girl's arm. She was obviously tiny, the pink girl absolutely towering over her, and her hair was short and a pretty brown color. Her large innocent doe-eyes met mine, and for a moment I was reminded of the shy person that had just left.

     There were muttered sayings of agreements as the five girls shuffled around to let me in. I walked through the doorway, slipping off my shoes next to the others', and immediately took in my new home.

     To the right of the door was a medium sized kitchen. The cabinets were dark grey, standing out against the white of the walls and countertops. Scattered across the counters and island was multiple bowls and pans, filled with some kind of food. There was an open cookbook propped against the wall next to the sink, and beside it was a plugged up phone which was playing a song I didn't recognize.

     The kitchen led directly into the living room, where the walls turned into a pretty light green color. Against the wall facing a tv was a grey couch, which had a few white and green pillows to tie in the wall color. Blankets laid discarded across the floor, the couch, and two multicolored bean bags, which I had to hide my snort at remembering the sound of scrambling I heard earlier. Two lamps were placed on tables next to the couch, turned off due to the open wall of windows. A glass table was placed in the middle of it all, and much like the kitchen counters, was covered in bowls, books, and a few magazines.  Underneath it was fluffy looking white rug, and I had to restrain myself from running over there and immediately laying face-down on it.

     To each side of the room was a hallway, leading to the bedrooms and bathrooms I guess.

     The silver-haired girl looked at me with tired eyes, the rest of her face betraying no emotion.

"Come on, let's go sit down so you can introduce yourself," she said, already walking to collapse on the couch.

The other girls followed her, plopping down on the rest of the sitting places. The brown-haired girl sat between the silver and purple-haired girls, her feet tucked under herself. The pinkette (is that a word?) had already resigned herself to one of the beanbags, Ae-cha sitting on the other one.

I moved to sit on the floor just as the silver girl protested.

She kicked Ae-cha's beanbag with her foot. "Get up."

Ae-cha looked at her, confused. "Why me?"

"Because you're the closest and easiest to mess with. Now, get up. The new girl needs a seat."

"Why can't we just share?"

"I hope you're not asking me, because you know my answer."

"Right, my bad." She turned to me and scooted over, patting the space beside her on the beanbag.

She looked so excited and sincere that I gave her a small grin as I got up and sat beside her on the large bean bag.