5 - A Breath of Relief

"Hi, it's Jeon Jungkook. Sorry I can't come to the phone right now, but feel free to leave a message-."

That was the fourth time you had called him. The fourth time that he ignored you before rushing out of your home without another word.

You knew where he was going and why, but the fact that he left you behind without even bothering if you were coming or not stung in a way. It was almost as if he didn't care. And maybe he didn't anymore.

You stared down at the dark screen of your phone blankly, hoping that maybe any second his caller ID would come up to show any evidence that you crossed his mind even for a moment. That he didn't intend to leave you all alone in the crisis that you were thrown into, and that it was just the spur of the moment.

"Y/n? Honey?" startled by your mothers voice, you turned around to see her walking towards you from the kitchen. "Jungkook left his phone in the living room. I saw that you were trying to call him." she handed you the familiar black iphone eight that he once had, giving you a concerned look once seeing the trace of frown on your face.

"Why did he leave so suddenly? You've barely had lunch."

Nibbling on your lip for a moment you avoided her eyes as you tried coming up with an excuse. What excuse would 18 year olds give in the middle of summer? It had definitely been a while since you last needed to explain yourself to your mother.

"He forgot to complete an assignment?"

"Honey, school ended two weeks ago."

You blinked back at her knowing you were caught and had no other excuse to give her. You watched as the elder sighed.

"Whatever it is, I know there must be a reason for you not telling me. I just hope everything is okay between you two."

You let a small smile escape to reassure her, just like you had been for the past year and half.

"Everything is okay, don't worry."

Nothing was okay.

But she would never know that.

°•°•°•°

"What the hell is going on?" Seokjin's brows had drawn to the middle as he sat on the high chair by the island in the kitchen, the doorbell being spammed and the door about to literally be busted off its hinges at this rate.

"Hyung!" the faint sound of a familiar voice reached his ears as he finally stood and jogged towards the front door.

"Kook, what the hell-" his brother threw himself into his arms, almost having him topple over onto the floor with the muscle bunny that weighed more than him.

Forget why he was spamming their front door, why was he suddenly hugging him?

Wait.

Why did his shirt suddenly feel wet?

Finally getting the strength to push him off, Seokjin stared right at his younger brother who's eyes had reddened with tears streaming down his flushed cheeks.