Studying Up

The next day at school, everyone kept talking about my new position as cheer captain.

"Congrats, (Y/N)."

"Good job, (Y/N)!"

I looked over at Camilo with a confused smile. "Since when does everyone actually wanna talk to me?" I laughed. "That's how Catalina got popular, some people would kill for that position." He grabbed a math book out of his locker.

"I hate math. I'm honestly going to fail this test." He laughed.

"I'm decent at math, I can "tutor" you." I said in quotes. "If you want, of course."

He quickly looked behind me then back at me, nodding.

"Thanks, I'll see you at lunch."

He smiled at me then hurried off to class. His smile made me melt inside, I smiled to myself.

That smile quickly faded when I realized deep down, I didn't completely understand the lesson myself. I was going to fail the test, too.

Camilo's Perspective:

"Make sure you set it all equal to 360. Then..."

I sat with my head leaning on my arm.

"You wanna come over after school?" Nicolas asked, bored.

"Can't, I'm studying for the test. I still don't know what a consecutive congruent side is, and why the heck we're learning about kites in the first place" I rolled my eyes.

"You're missing out then, I got this new ice cream maker and..." he stopped and everyone looked towards the door.

Catalina walked in late, she looked exhausted.

"You're late, Ms. Valen." Senora said before she turned back to finish the lesson. Catalina just nodded then made her way to her seat.

She sat next to me in her normal spot and laid her head on the desk, groaning. Ana rubbed her back.

"You good?" I asked tilting my head to try to see her face. I hated Catalina with a burning passion, but this wasn't normal.

I handed her a pen and showed her my arm. She looked up for a second but quickly looked back down, uninterested.

"That was the nicest I'd ever be, Cat. And you blew it." I tried to lighten the mood.

"Just leave her be." Nicholas leaned back in his chair. "This is the best Catalina I've ever seen. (Y/N) should have came and took her spot sooner."

"Not nice." Ana frowned.

"She came over last night and threw my clothes in the pool. I have no more sympathy." Nicolas replied.

I chuckled and the teacher noticed. "Camilo stop goofing around before you fail my test."

"I'm already going to fail your test, senora." I mumbled.

"What was that?" She pressed.

"Huh? Nothing. I didn't say anything." I scratched my nose and looked back at my paper.

*Time Skip to Lunch and (Y/N)'s Perspective*

As I walked out of history Ivan led me to a hallway.

"Can you help me study for the math test? I am so confused."

"Since when does everyone think I'm a math professional?" I joked.

"Mirabel said on the first day you said that math was your favorite."

"I kind of lied, but sorry, I can't. I already told Camilo I would help him."

"Shoot. I'll talk to him. See you at lunch." He looked disappointed, but for the second I said Camilo's name, he looked angry.