The Heart Box Chocolate

I woke up to my mom's yells.

"(Y/N)! There's a handsome young man asking for you!"

I groaned and rubbed my eyes. "Coming."

As I walked down the stairs my mom met me half way. "Is that your boyfriend?" She whispered. I peered over her shoulder. "No, mama." I wiped my face.

I walked up to the door.

"You left your bag, and Mirabel was too tired to bring it back." He handed me my bag and our hands slightly brushed against each other, leaving us blushing. "Oh, I completely forgot it. I just ran home. Thanks, Camilo."

"Oh, so you're Camilo." My mom realized. "She talks about you all the time."

He smiled and nodded in response. "I'm sure she does. See you at school, (Y/N)."

I gave a nervous laugh and shut the door.

"MAMA." I stomped my foot. "Why would you say that?!"

"Because you like each other, it's obvious. And you're too shy to say something." She laughed.

"How do you know?" I retorted.

"A mom always knows." She flicked her hand in my direction and walked into the kitchen to start breakfast.

Is it that obvious?

(A/N) The rest of the chapter will be a bit off since Valentine's Day did pass, but roll with it. 😭

*Monday, Valentine's Day*

Camilo's Perspective:

I walked into the heavily decorated school for Valentines Day. Valentines Day was heavily celebrated because of the schools numerous couples.

I walked over to my locker where my friends crowded.

"Let's see how many this year." Nicolas rubbed his hands together. I opened the locker and several spilled out.

I stepped on them while reaching into my locker.

"Ay! Why'd you do that?" Nicolas asked motioning towards the letters under my feet.

"I don't really care about them." I took a box of chocolate out of my backpack and put it into the locker.

"Who's that for?" Lorenzo asked, smirking.

"Someone special. Don't worry about it."

"What do you mean don't worry about it? This is the first time since Cat..."

"Shh. We don't talk about her." I put a finger to my mouth.

(Y/N)'s Perspective:

"Mom I can't be late again." I whined as she handed me my backpack and some cash.

"No, you won't be late. Just hurry and go get him something." She kissed my cheek and pushed me out the door.

I've never gotten anyone anything for Valentine's Day before...

I walked into the small chocolate shop and quickly got something.

I looked down at an imaginary watch and assumed I had 10 minutes before class starts.

I rushed into the building, shocked by all the decorations. I walked up to our normal meeting spot.

"It's really well decorated in here." I stated.

"I've never seen so much pink in one area, except on Catalina." Ivan teased Catalina.

"Shut up, Ivan. You wear red everyday." She retorted.

I remembered the gift tucked away in my backpack. Ugh, here's where the nervousness kicks in. My mom's words replayed in my head.

I worked up the nerve to walk up to talk to him. I maneuvered through the group of kids and stopped near Camilo's side. I tapped his shoulder to whisper in his ear. "Come with me."

He furrowed his brows, smirked, then shrugged.

I led him to the quietest hallway of the school.

"Why are we here? Are you trying to make ou..." I cut him off by handing him the gift. My face instantly turned red.

"I hope you can eat them with your braces." I stuttered.

He smiled and lifted the side of his lip to show his braces. "These? Nope. I eat anything with them. I've broken them like, twice."

I fidgeted with my hands and let out a relieved laugh. Camilo took my hands in his. "Thank you, (Y/N). I'll see you after first hour at the party, thing." He said as he released my hands and began to walk away.

As he was about to turn the corner he muttered, "and by the way, you look cute when you're blushing." He scoffed and rounded the corner joining his friends again.

*Time Skip to 1st Hour*

Mirabel poured the final solution into the mixture, creating a small poof of smoke above the flask.

She looked over at me. "We did it! ...Why is your face red? DID YOU DRINK THE SOLUTION?"

My eyes widened in shock. "No, definitely not." I laughed a bit. "Then why are you so...red?"

"I turn red when I'm nervous. I'm just nervous for the Valentines Party after this. My first in school party this year." I lied. That didn't sound the slightest bit believable.

"It'll be fun. Last year it was just food, dancing, and a couple boring games. It was mostly people just watching Catalina and Camilo, but they broke up so I wonder who will be the center of attention this year." She shrugged. Grabbing the flask and raising her hand to grab the teachers attention.

"Great job Mirabel and (Y/N)! A+." I high-fived Mirabel.

We finished cleaning up just before the bell rang and everyone was dismissed into the gym.

The gym was dimly lit with pink LEDs all around. I kept running into heart balloons as I looked for the table that sat all of my friends.

I noticed Nicolas arguing with Andres at the punch bowl while Ivan sat at the table. A pink heart box in the spot next to him.

Camilo's Perspective:

I quickly shifted into Nicolas and walked back to the table. I hope Ivan doesn't notice.

"Ivan, follow me. I need to show you and Camilo something."

"Okay...?" He responded as he followed me out.

"Wait here, I'll get Camilo."

Ivan's Perspective:

Ay dios mio. Where is Nicolas with Camilo? I sat in the corner that Nicolas brought me to, the random party lights shining in my face. Suddenly, Nicolas walked up eating a heart cookie.

"Why are you in the corner by yourself, Ivan?" He asked while licking his fingers.

"You just told me to wait here while you got Camilo!" I shouted back.

I paused while looking at Nicolas' confused face. "Camilo." I muttered to myself angrily.

Camilo's Perspective:

I quickly shifted back to myself and walked back to the table, where I noticed (Y/N) and Mirabel looking around.

"(Y/N)!" I quickly called and her eyes widened and she smiled. I love her smile.

"Here." I handed her the box. I wasn't used to giving things. She took it and smiled. Quickly
Running into a hug, pinning my arms to my side.

"I love it." Suddenly, there was a quick music change. Indicating it's time to dance. She grabbed my hand and dragged me along with her, with some surprising strength.

(A/N) This is a build up chapter for the next one ❤️