Kale Smoothie

(Y/N)'s Perspective:

I hustled out of my room, slipping on my socks that this time matched. I wore the jacket that Camilo let me borrow so I wouldn't forget it. I ran downstairs hoping to get a bite to eat before I was late.

My mom was downstairs clearing her area after her early breakfast. "Hurry, (Y/N). You're gonna be late." She lectured while unwrapping the apron that was tied around her waist.

I grabbed the toast that coincidentally flew out of the toaster on time. A coffee cup sat on the table. I grabbed it and took a sip.

Sticking my tongue out after. "That's so bitter." I shook my head in disgust. "Just how I like it." My mom smiled as she shoo'd me out the door.

Camilo's Perspective:

I was up and downstairs way before Mirabel. For some reason, I was super refreshed.

"CAMILO HURRY." Mirabel shouted as she walked down the stairs. I smirked in her direction. "Beat ya."

"It's not a race." She rolled her eyes as she set her backpack down at the table, grabbing something to eat before we left. "I'm just glad you're down here in general."

"You know you're mad I beat you." I teased.

"Camilo." She balled her fist. "You did not beat me. This is not a race."

"Sure, Mira." I rolled my eyes and whispered 'mad' in her ear.

I ran out the house laughing as she was chasing me out of the Casita and to school.

(Y/N)'s Perspective:

I walked up to the school's doors just in time to see Mirabel and Camilo. "Hey, Mirabel!" I waved in her direction then walked up to Camilo.

"I see you've taken a liking to my jacket." He joked.

"No. I wore it so I'd remember to give it back." I began taking it off to hand it to him.

"No keep it." He teased. "You'll want it more than me."

"You wish." I nudged him.

"You just like my jacket." He nudged me back.

"Do not." I argued back. "You do." He shook his head with a smile.

We were stuck in a continuous cycle of pushing back and forth until we reached our lockers.

I pushed him and he almost fell, falling into Lorenzo's arms. "Looks like I'm gonna make a new painting with us in it, Camilo." Lorenzo made a kissy face. "I'll call it Falling for You." He used jazz hands as he propped Camilo up, laughing.

"I guess I win." I teased while Camilo was listing the reasons why Lorenzo would not be making that painting. "We weren't playing a game." He retorted, suddenly stopping his lecture.

"THAT'S WHAT I SAID THIS MORNING." Mirabel remembered. "That's different, Mirabel." He added back.

"HOW?!" Her eyes were wide with shock. We all laughed. "Who doesn't love family rivalry." Nicolas crossed his arms.

"Apparently you, because you haven't spoken to Andres normally since that incident." Ivan joked.

"That's different!" Nicolas said with his hands raised.

"What incident?" I asked, still laughing.

"Andres made out with his crush, on his date with her." My eyes widened with shock.

"IVAN." He yelled back. "That's payback." He laughed as the short boy argued up at his tall frame.

An announcement broadcasted, ushering everyone to the gym for an assembly. It was the day that the Encanto was created. A day to celebrate the Madrigals and there efforts to keep everyone safe. So we only had an assembly today then school was out.