CHapter 19- Finally

Chapter 19         

Katrina’s POV

AS soon as I sat down I got bombarded with questions. People asked me where I was from, what my name was, if I was really lesbian, and all sorts of other things. I answered all of the questions truthfully… including all the ones about me and Cera. The boy sitting next to me introduced himself as Jacob, and asked which girl Cera was. I pointed her out.

“Aw man!” he sighed, “How come all the hot ones are lesbian?!”

“That’s my girlfriend you’re talking about!” I half joked.

He stuck his tongue out at me childishly, and I laughed at him. Everybody was surprisingly accepting of me.

“We’re used to it by now,” Jacob explained, “MacKenzie and Caitlin aren’t exactly shameful when it comes to PDA”

I snorted, “Then you won’t be surprised with me and Cera.”

He choked on his dinner, “Speaking of which…” I said, looking around. I couldn’t find Cera anywhere, “Do you have any sort of lake or river or anything here?”

“There’s a beach… why?” he asked confused

“Cera’s not here anymore.”

“SO why do you need to know if there’s a river.”

“Where is the beach?” I demanded, ignoring his questions.

He pointed in the general direction and I headed off.

When I got there, I saw a huge wolf standing in the waves. I closed my eyes, and imagined myself like a fox. Cera could turn herself into anything, or anyone, but I could only shift into a fox. I walked up to her, and nuzzled her with my head. She looked at me, and we had a conversation in our heads.

‘Why did you come down here?’ I asked

‘I didn’t know where to sit… plus I’ve always liked water’

‘Maybe that’s because you don’t get wet and you can breathe in it.’ I joked

She smiled her wolfish smile, and I nudged her in the direction of the shore.

She followed me, and together we switched back and sat down on the beach to watch the sunset. In about an hour we heard a padding noise behind us, as if somebody were riding a horse on the beach. I turned around and saw Chiron trotting towards us.

“Hello, Ladies” He said, his eyes twinkling, “How are you on this fine evening?”

“Fine, thank you.” I replied, innocently, “and you?”

“I’m very well.” He smiled, “I would warn you to though… the beach isn’t the friendliest place to be at night.”

“What do you mean?” asked Cera, confused

“Our camp is the safest place you can be, concerning monster attacks, but that is not to say that there are not monsters. The forest has many beasts that you may encounter tomorrow in capture the flag, and the ocean has sea monsters, that will attack if you go swimming alone.”

“I don’t think they’ll bother me…” muttered Cera.

“What was that?” asked Chiron

“Nothing.”

“Well then, you two better go to bed. Since you don’t know what cabin you’re in Cera, you’ll be staying in the Hermes cabin for tonight.”

She sighed, but didn’t complain as we went back to the cabins and got ready for bed without each other for the first time in 7 years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaiti’s POV

   I woke up in the middle of the night, with a really sharp pain in my stomach. My first thought, was ‘OHMYGODS THE BABY!!!’ I started to breath in and out, taking deep breaths so that I wouldn’t hyperventilate, but then I felt a stabbing pain in my stomach. It felt like menstrual cramps but a thousand times worse, it was so bad I couldn’t move, I couldn’t get Thalia, and I couldn’t get down from my bunk. I sobbed silently, not knowing what to do. Nobody but my friends knew. We hadn’t even told Chiron, and now I was going to give birth by myself, I tried to roll onto my side, but the pain got worse, and I let out a small scream, waking up my cabin. Piper looked up at my bunk, and saw my thrashing, with sweat rolling down my face, and a look of pure agony contorting my face.

“What’s wrong?!” she asked, panicked.

“Go. Get. Thalia.” I gasped, gritting my teeth, “Tell her… it’s time… and Clarisse… her to…”

“What do you mean?!” Piper snapped, “Time for what?!”

Then I snapped, My stomach hurt, it was the middle of the night, and I was in LABOUR, I did was NOT in the mood for this, “I’M F***ING GIVING BIRTH!!!” I screamed at her, “I’M F***ING PREGNANT BECAUSE OF SOME B***ARD WHO F***ING RAPED ME!!!!!!!!! GO. GET. THALIA AND CLARISSE!” Piper turned pale, and the rest of the cabin gasped. Then my stomach twinged and I screamed in agony. Piper ran from the room, yelling for someone to go get Chiron while she got Clarisse and Thalia. A few other campers ran out, and the rest just stared at me.

“Somebody go get Nick from the Ares cabin.” I snarled, “Tell him this is his fault and I’m going to cut his balls off so he can never do this to another girl.” Then I shrieked in pain again and a few more campers bolted from the room. Piper ran back in with Clarisse and Thalia and they rushed over to me, “You okay?” asked Thalia, then she saw my face, “Okay… stupid question…” she turned to Clarisse, “We need to get her to the infirmary.” I curled into a ball, moaning and they realized that I probably couldn’t walk. Clarisse lifted me off the bed and jogged out of the room, carrying me in her arms, but I was in to much pain to know exactly what was happening.

    Chiron came into the infirmary room looking pale, and Nick came shuffling in behind him, “Is she really…?”

I screamed in agony and my hair flicked around, hitting people in the faces. I snarled under my breath and Thalia held my arms down while Clarisse got my legs.

“C’mon sweetie,” Thalia muttered, “Just think about the baby, you can deal with that asshole later.”

I screamed in pain again and pushed as hard as I could, Thalia gasped, and I heard a loud cry…