Chapter 3- What is Camp Half Blood?

Chapter 3- What is Camp half-blood?

Madeline's POV

    I woke up screaming, remembering the strange green fire that had shot out of my hand, Tom the boy with the limp, and the frightened expression on Carolyn's face.

"CAROLYN!!!!" She was all I cared about in this world, I hadn't seen my Dad for over 5 years. He always just sent me to a new school before I could make it home. If I had killed her I would never have forgiven myself. "CAROLYN!!! WERE ARE YOU!"

   Then I looked around me. I was sitting up in a hospital bed in a long line of hospital beds. There were other people there but they paid no attention to me, they acted as if this was a daily occurrence, like it was normal for people to randomly wake up screaming. Then I looked in the chair beside my bed and I saw Carolyn. Sleeping as if she had fallen asleep watching over me. It's a wonder I didn't wake her up with my screaming, but she lay still with her head by my calves. I gently shook her shoulder and she sat up fast banging her head on mine.

"OWWW!" We said simultaneously.

"I have a million questions for you!" I said.

"Where are we? What day is it? Why are we hear? Where are Tom and that other girl?"

"Slow down!" She said exasperated. "I don't know exactly where we are but I think we're somewhere on long island-"

"In NEW YORK?!"

"Yes"

"Cool... I've always wanted to go to New York."

"Well... if I may continue?"

"Oh. Yah."

"It's been three days, nobody's giving me any answers to anything. They said we should wait until you woke up. I'm starting to think I just might have schizophrenia though."

"What? Why?"

"Things are so weird here. The other day.... Well... I think I saw a centaur."

"Like... from the greek myths"

"Yah."

"Well... that would make sense. The sphinx is from a greek myth... I think"

"As for Tom and the other girl, Tom brought us here, we dragged the other girl out of the fire because you actually missed her when you shot the fire at her, but he said she couldn't come with us and I wasn't about to protest."

Just then Tom walked up to us,

"Hey, Carolyn. Nice to see you awake Madeline. Sorry about the whole no answers thing, but if Madeline can walk I can take you to the big house and *Chiron and *Dionysus will tell you everything."

"Wait... what's the big house, and why should I trust you?"

"Well. I brought you to safety after you public attacked an innocent girl."

"THAT WASN'T MY FAULT!!! Anyways, she was insulting you, I couldn't just stand buy and watch you getting made fun of!"

"You need to learn to control your powers, and I've been made fun of before."

 "Fine. I'll come with you, but I won't forget this... and I'm excellent at getting revenge."

"Madeline, stop. Tom helped us. You're not going to put bugs in his bed!" Carolyn looked angry.

  As we got up and started to walk out of what I guest was the infirmary, Tom walked in front of us but looked back once in a while as if watching his back to make sure I wasn't going to stuff dirt down it. I rolled my eyes at him.