CHapter 12- Well... In that case... Kiss me

Chapter 12

Caitlin's POV

We had just finished dinner and we were gathered for Thalia to pick her 10 campers for capture the flag.

"Annabeth, MacKenzie, Percy, Carolyn, Madeline, Alii, Caitlin, and... that's it. I don't want anyone else."

Some of the campers grumbled about their choices but nobody complained with me and Alii glaring at Thalia's side. I was standing beside MacKenzie and Alii kept smirking at me. We walked into the forest and Thalia told me the plan. Me and MacKenzie were going to be guards with Madeline, and Carolyn scouting the area around the flag. Alii would go with the rest of the hunters on offense and if we needed help we could communicate telepathically. I liked the part where I would be alone with MacKenzie to but she didn't look so happy. She was rubbing her wrists and glaring at Thalia who nodded at her encouragingly. Then the conch horn wrong and the game started.

   The hunters and Alii ran off and Madeline and Carolyn wondered off into the forest. Our flag was positioned in a clearing by a stream. I looked at MacKenzie, who blushed when I caught her staring at me. I blushed to and looked down, "So..." I hadn't really talked to her much and I didn't know that much about her, "How'd you get here?" I asked, "Me and Alii were brought here by a Satyr. I forget his name, but I don't think he liked us very much. I remembered me and Alii lighting his pants on fire and smirked.

"The hunters brought me here. They found me fighting off a bunch of Hydra's."

"Really?!"

"Yup. I had two down and three to go."

"That's so cool."

"O-Kay."

Well that was awkward. I don't think she liked me. Well that was depressing. Then I looked up and saw her staring at me again, she blushed again and thought, 'maybe she likes me... like a lot...' but then we heard a bunch of feet crashing through the brush. I turned and faced the three Ares campers that barged into the clearing and immediately called out to Alii,

Uh-oh. We got company...

#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#

MacKenzie's POV

The Ares Campers closed in on us and surrounded us. I unsheathed my sword, grateful for the lesson I'd gotten earlier, but Caitlin just clenched and unclenched her fists a few times.

"Are you crazy?" I whispered

"Yup."

Then the first one attacked us, Caitlin dove at his ankles knocking him over, and then she disappeared and reappeared on top of him, punching him in the nose. She got off of him; she pulled him up by his shirt. I stared at her like she was crazy, but then she hit him really hard right on top of the head, knocking him out cold. The next two attacked at the same time so I distracted one. I slashed, and lunged, but she was good. She pushed me out of the clearing, and fought me into the deeper part of the woods.    Then she faked to the right, I turned my body, exposing my left side. She lunged, and I-literally- didn't see the attack coming. She cut my arm and I felt blood pour down my side. Then she kicked me in the gut pushing me into a tree. I was dazed and I couldn't even use my powers, I was too panicked, I couldn't remember how.

   She laughed, "What? The poor child of Zeus can't even beat a little Ares camper?"

"Who are you?" I demanded

"I'm *Clarisse."

"Well you did have a bit of an unfair advantaged..."I mumbled

"What did you say?" She snapped

"Nothing,"

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?!" She roared

"Nothing!" I insisted

She kicked me right in the right eye, and I screamed in pain. I opened my eye but couldn't see anything, I couldn't see her attacks coming now, if she was going to attack me, and I wouldn't be able to hear anything from the left side. I had nothing left to do, I curled in a ball and she snickered,

"What? Giving up already."

"Like I said... unfair advantage." I mumbled again, so she couldn't hear. She kicked me in the gut. I screamed again, then I remembered. I could call for help!

Caitlin! I mentally screamed. Get Thalia. Tell her I've been kicked in the right eye and can't see out of it. Please help. I think she's going to kick me. Then  I screamed as she kicked me. I would've shocked her, now that I could remember how, but I couldn't see her, and I had to touch her to zap her.

She kept kicking me and I slowly fell into unconsciousness, the world fading out of my one good ear...

#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#

Caitlin's POV

I ran into the forest after telling Alii to get Thalia and follow our mental link. I need to find MacKenzie NOW. I ran into a smaller clearing and saw the girl she had been fighting with kicking her, she wasn't moving and blood trickled from her mouth. I screamed in rage. I pushed her into the air, using my powers, she stared right at me. BIG mistake. I looked into her eyes, and she screamed in pain. I pushed the pain farther into her brain, willing it to become more intense, I wanted to kill her; Thalia ran into the clearing and told me, "PUT.HER.DOWN.NOW!"

I dropped her and she fell 5 feet onto the ground, Thalia walked over to her and helped her up... before she punched her in the face, "YOU LITTLE B*TCH!" She hollered "PICK ON SOMEONE WITH YOUR LEVEL ABILITIES WILL YOU!"  

Clarisse was pale, but answered weekly, "She was holding her own for a while..."

"WELL IT'S NOT LIKE YOU WOULDN'T HAVE WON EVENTUALLY!!"

"Doubting... your own... sister?" Clarisse said weekly.

"SHE'S F***ING BLIND!!!!!" She screamed, "B-L-I-N-D!!!! SHE HASN'T BEEN ABLE TO SEE THROUGH HER LEFT EYE OR HEAR THROUGH HER LEFT EAR SINCE WHO KNOWS WHEN!"

Clarisse got even paler, "Shit..."

"YOU THINK?!" Thalia was red and she pushed Clarisse, zapping her so much that she started convulsing on the ground. She turned towards me, "Go get Chiron. NOW!"

"I can't!"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'YOU CAN'T?!"

"I can't just leave her!"

"GO GET CHIRON!"

"but-"

"NOW!"

"I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE HER! I CAN'T LEAVE HER! I THINK..." my voice got small, "I think I'm in love with her...."

Thalia looked shocked, but I was surprised when she said, "Fine. I'll get Chiron. If she wakes up... You should tell her that." Then she ran off. I sat on the ground next to MacKenzie, and pulled her head onto my lap, I felt her shiver and she tried to sit up,

"No. It's O-Kay. Just rest."

"I can't see."

"Shhh. I know. It's O-Kay. Thalia told me."

"What?"

"She freaked out at Clarisse, who, coincidently is lying on the ground about five feet away from us."

"Oh... O-Kay. She sighed."

"Umm... MacKenzie?"

"Yah?"

"Think you'll remember any of this?"

"No... probably not."

"Well... in that case... I think I'm in love with you."

She smiled at me, "Well... in that case..." she said mimicking me, "Kiss me."

And so I did, I kissed her, right as Chiron and about half the camp walked into the clearing...