Wisdom and Magic

Author's note: I have always loved the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. They are great books, and Rick Riordan may just be the best author in the entire world. You should read them. If you don't this could be confusing. If you insist on not reading them just try to follow allow. You really should read them though...

My story includes many characters from Rick riodan's books. I will be putting a star like thingamabob (*) beside those character's names the first time they are mentioned.

My story is told in different Points of view, so make sure you check who's POV it is at the beginning of the chapter

CHAPTER ONE- "Problem child"

Madeline's POV  

Let me introduce myself, my name is Madeline Anderson. I have always been the "Problem child" in my family. I have always had ADHD, dyslexia, and what professionals thought was schizophrenia (Me and my friends like to call it Demigod disorder).  When I was little I got into fights, pulled pranks, and could not be found without my best friend Carolyn. We where trouble makers. We also happened to have the same "disorders".

    In grade one; we glued every single pencil in our classroom to the ceiling.

   In grade two, we decided that for Christmas we would decorate by turning toilet paper green and red and toilet papering the entire gym- I of course, turned the paper green and red. I had always had a knack for "Magic tricks" and this was just too easy for me- in the morning when kids when to gym class they couldn't even get to the change rooms without tripping over toilet paper.

   In grade 3 our teachers decided to solve the problem by putting us in different classes. We decided not to come to school until they put us together.

  In grade four I was diagnosed with dyslexia. Our class was going to the zoo and I and Carolyn had planned our biggest prank yet. She knew about my talents, and we decided that I should teleport us into an animal cage so we could ride elephants.

"c'mon!" I scolded her, "we're going to get caught if you don't hurry up"

"Well excuse me! I need to make sure your calculations are correct if you're going to take us to the right cage!"

"Stop worrying-"

"HA! They're wrong!" She smirked, "you were going to have us landing in the lion cage."

"Oh..."

"You need to teleport us 13 meters, not 23."

"Yah yah. I just want to ride an elephant."

"You're going to get us killed you hooligan!"

"Smarty pants"

"Dumbo"

"Wise guy!"

"I'm a girl, thank you very much!"

"Well I KNOW that! Stop distracting me! I need to teleport us at just the right time..."

"You'll get it wrong..."

"No I won't"

"NOW!"

   I remember the rushing feeling as we teleported across the cage and landed right on the elephants back. It was amazing. I could see the look of shock on my teachers face, I thought it was because she thought she'd lost us, then she smiled evilly.

"Well, gotten around to exposing yourselves, have you?" she screamed across the cage.

"What" I asked Carolyn "What is she talking about?"

"I don't know" she replied.

"Well, that's a first."

"Oh shut up!"

We both looked back at her to see her shimmering in the sun. Then she started changing.

"WHAT IS SHE DOING?" Carolyn screamed in my ear

"I don't know!"

Suddenly fur bursted out of her clothes, she started to grow five times her normal size.

"WHAT'S HAPPENING!?"

"I DON'T KNOW. Just because I'm the smart one doesn't meen I know everything."

"HOW ARE YOU SO CALM?"

"because I think I might pass-out."

"well isn't that helpful" I snapped.

Then I looked back at our teacher. She was changing again. She got down on her hands and knees... except it wasn't exactly her anymore... she had the body of a lion and the head of our teacher.

"Wholy crap!" I yelped "Is that a..."

"It's a sphinx." Replied Carolyn

"That's impossible!"

"Well obviously not or it wouldn't be happening!"

People where running around sc reaming , but the sphinx took no notice of them. She was only interested in us. She jumped over the bars in one large bound, and started to run towards us.

 "She's coming!!!!!" Carolyn screamed, now hyperventilating behind me, still on the back of a panicking elephant.

"I know!"

"DO SOMETHING!"

   Now let me just say right now, that at this point I was freaking out. I wasn't thinking right and I don't think I should be held accountable for what happened next.

Just then the sphinx took one finale lunge, going in for the kill but then...

>POOF<

Floating in front of us was an inflatable duck.

"whaa?!" Carolyn looked around, confused.

We were laying on inflatable rafts in the backyard pool of my father's mansion. My father was staring at us with disbelief at the side of the pool

"How?... never this far... talents... WHAT HAPPENED?!"

We explained everything.  We told him about the sphinx, and the elephant and my special abilities with magic.

"This wasn't supposed to happen yet!" he muttered "she said... not powerful! She said it wouldn't happen until you where 13!"

"What?" me and Carolyn said in harmony "Who said what?! What's not powerful?!"

"You guys can't stay in a public school anymore." He turned to Carolyn "I'll talk to your Dad about sensing you to a private school with my daughter."

"Umm... that's awfully nice, but we can't afford for me to go to a private school. Not with my dad in college again."

"Well, I can, and honestly I don't think Madeline would go anywhere without you."

"I think I'm going to take you home now though. You guys have had quite the day, you need rest and we can talk more tomorrow."