21

Kingston passed out the second we got home. He pulled me into his arms so tightly that I prayed I wouldn't need to use the bathroom because I wouldn't have been able to get out of his grip. But I wasn't going to complain, as long as he was here. 

The bright sun through the windows woke me up, and Kingston was still asleep. I'm not sure what he was on yet, but I didn't want to wake him up so that he could sleep as long as he needed. 

I moved his arm gently, the soft sound of his breathing telling me I didn't wake him.

I quietly made my way down the stairs, my oversized t-shirt going down to my knees, even though I had shorts on underneath. I started to make two cups of coffee, the bitter smell filling the air as I looked out at the backyard.

It was lush. Like a miniature forest. The trees and bushes were well kept, even though I knew that Kingston didn't do it himself. The only thing he has done out there is kill.

Once the coffee was ready, I poured it into two white mugs. I poured creamer into mine but left Kingston's black.

I rounded the corner out of the kitchen and headed toward the staircase. But right as I rounded the corner, I jumped, nearly running into Kingston.

Some of the hot coffee dripped down my hands from jumping as I asked him with a little bit of annoyance, "Why are you so fucking quiet? Be louder."

He ignored me, taking the two cups of coffee from me and setting them down on the kitchen table. He grabbed a napkin and wiped the coffee off of my hands, "I'm sorry, my love. I was expecting you to be next to me when I woke up."

"I was trying to be nice and make you coffee," I looked up at his brown eyes, which now had normal-sized pupils. "But I'll make sure to never be nice again."

A small smirk formed on his face, "I like being the one to make stuff for you, anyway."

"Like those Oreos that were filled with toothpaste?" I asked, remembering when he gave one to me when I was in middle school.

"Hey, I'm a changed man now," amusement covered his face. "But that was funny as fuck."

"You were all like," he went on to mimic the look of disgust I did when I had bitten into it.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my mug off of the counter while he tossed the paper towels into the garbage. I looked him up and down as he walked back over to me, trying to see if he looked completely sober now.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

He seemed to look surprised by my question, but the look flashed off of his face as quickly as it flashed on. He took a sip of his bitter coffee before answering, "My head's pounding, but it's fine. Need to have a meeting today."

"You should take a Tylenol," I told him. "And maybe wait just one day before having your meeting."

He casually nodded while running a hand through his messy hair, "Yea. Maybe."

"I'm serious, Kingston," I locked my eyes on his so that he could see I wasn't joking. "You should rest today."

He licked his bottom lip as he looked down at me, his jaw shifting to the side for a moment. He spoke sarcastically, "Careful, Sienna. I might start to think you care."

"I do care."

The emotion behind his brown eyes changed. 

He set his mug down, and so did I before he started taking a few steps towards me so that he was now directly in front of me. He placed his hands on the sides of my face, the warmth from his hands heating my cheeks. He whispered, "I'm sorry. I promise I'll never yell at you again."