7

The breeze hit my face and the sun shined down on me. I was in front of the bedroom window, looking out at the large green yard. The breeze would occasionally come into the room and blow my hair and the bedsheets, but it felt refreshing paired with the bright sun.

The sound of something being placed on the table beside me made me turn my head. Kingston put a plate down of my favorite breakfast foods, along with an iced coffee. 

"Eat," he basically ordered, taking a seat down beside me.

I picked up the plate and placed it on my lap as I turned to face him. We both sat in the sun, and I took a bite of the bacon. I've always liked the way he looks in the sun. It's the only time his dark brown eyes become light enough to see his pupils.

He asked me, "Do you need anything? I'm going out later."

I shook my head. He already has every food that I like stockpiled in the kitchen and a brand new wardrobe for me. After sipping my coffee, I questioned, "Where are you going?"

"A meeting with a bunch of fucking morons."

I nodded, "Ah. Because you're really important?"

"I don't care if they find me important."

Although the words I said were sarcastic, I've realized that he is very important. It appears as if he holds all the strings and is the puppetmaster in this world of crime. 

"You should let me come," I set my plate down. "I like leaving the house."

He shook his head and spoke firmly, "No. This isn't the kind of meeting you should come to. Every single thing that they are going to be talking about is illegal, it's not stuff you need to hear about."

I let out a sigh. 

"Can I go somewhere with Milo, then?" I ask after thinking for a moment.

He thought for a second. He decided, "Fine. But I want you home before 5 pm, I enjoy coming home to my beautiful wife."

"What are you gonna do if I don't?" I sound sarcastic, like I'm just playing around, but I honestly wanted to know what he would do. I wanted to know if he would find me if I somehow escaped from Milo.

He leaned forward, fixated on my eyes, "Then I'll come find you, wherever you are."

That was the exact answer I was expecting. 

"What if I want some alone time?" I ask.

"Why would you ever want alone time?"

I told him, "Because sometimes you annoy me."

"You annoy the fuck out of me, too. But I'd still love to spend every second with you."

My eyebrows lowered, "I'm not annoying."

He laughed as if I just told a joke, making me roll my eyes. 

I walked over to the closet, sliding the doors open. I had already changed into a skirt earlier, but I wanted to change my shirt before leaving. I paused once I grabbed a shirt, thinking of how I could maybe get back at Kingston for being a bit rude. 

I pulled the shirt that I was wearing off, exposing my back to Kingston. I was still in my black bra, but I moved my hair to be in front of me so that more of my back was showing.

My goal was to make him look, and his words confirmed to me that he was looking, "When did you get a tattoo?"

I had a very small tattoo of a dove on my back. I turned around so that my front was now facing him, and his brown eyes immediately went to my cleavage. I answered his question, "A year ago."