14

I could hear the sound of water draining as I opened my bedroom door.

The bathroom door was shut, but I could see Sienna's shadow through the crack at the bottom of the door. I kicked my shoes off and took my suit jacket off, needing to wash it soon before the blood permanently stained it.

Blood still seeped out of the wound. I called out, "You almost done in there?"

I had all my first-aid shit in there. I guess my voice caught her by surprise because she swung the door open in nothing but the white towel wrapping around her tanned body. Her wet brown hair was down, and I could smell my shampoo radiating off of her.

She stared at me in shock as I asked in a teasing tone, "Using my shampoo again, princess?"

She ignored my words and rushed over to me, raising her hand to touch the blood before pausing and putting her hand back down, I assume because she didn't want to touch it and hurt me. She looked up at me with her big green eyes and asked, "What happened? Are you okay?"

"Worried about me, my love?" I teased her, but her facial expression told me that she didn't appreciate it.

I answered her question, "I'm fine, it's not deep enough to kill me. The fucking asshole stabbed me, but I'll go out and find him tomorrow."

I spoke casually because I didn't really care about getting stabbed. I undid the buttons at the front of my shirt as I entered the bathroom, pulling it off and tossing it into the sink. I pulled everything I needed out of the cupboard, and she stood in the doorway while staring at me.

I soaked the cloth with rubbing alcohol before dabbing the wound with it. She asked me quietly, "So you're going to be okay?"

"Don't worry," I wiped the red blood off of my stomach. "I'm not going anywhere."

She nodded, some of her wet hair sticking to her face. I was expecting her to leave it at that and go get changed before laying down, but she stayed exactly where she was. She just watched me, looking like she wanted to help.

I started to stitch myself up, and as I did so, she came and stood beside me. She asked, "Do you want any help?"

I stopped what I was doing, and looked down at her beside me, "You want to try and do this?"

She reluctantly nodded her head.

I handed her what I was holding before turning to face her. She took a deep breath before starting to stitch it as I explained to her what to do. She told me, "If I hurt you, just tell me."

"You don't have to worry about hurting me."

She carefully stitched it, seeming like she was afraid to mess up. Her hands shook a little as she did it, but once she was done, a smile formed on her face.

"There you go," I smiled at her, as she put the stuff back down on the counter. "I'm proud of you."

I grabbed some gauze to put over top of it, and she still continued to stand by me.

My eyes caught a red line on her hand. I dropped what I was doing, grabbing her hand and pulling it towards my face. As I observed the cut on it, I asked, "What happened?"

"It's just from the glass shattering in my hand," she pulled her hand away. "It's nothing."

"You need to tell me the moment you get hurt, Sienna. I don't care how minor it is," I say sternly, wishing I could've cleaned her cut before tending to mine. 

A small smile formed on her face, "Like when I 'hurt' my knee?"

My pissed-off expression from seeing her with a cut slowly turned into an amused one.