20

Seconds turned into minutes. Minutes turned into hours.

The sun was set, yet Milo still wasn't back. I didn't have his number to call and tell him what happened, so I just have to hope he finds Kingston himself.

My lips have been bitten to shreds and were in desperate need of chapstick.

I heard the front door open, and I immediately shot up from the kitchen table. I ran to the front door, my eyes falling on Milo who entered alone.

"Where is he?" I asked, hoping he was going to say he was making his way inside.

"The guys and I have been looking all day. We checked every single location Kingston was going to, but he wasn't at any of them."

A coldness rushed over me. I took a step forward, "He called me from an unknown number. He sounded like he was on something - can you do anything with that?"

"Yea, I mean if you give me your phone I should be able to track down where he called from," he told me, looking a little surprised to hear that he had called me.

I instantly pulled out my phone and handed it to him, and he headed toward one of the offices.

I could hear the faint typing on the keyboard, but I stayed by the front door. I looked out at the dark yard, hoping that maybe headlights would pull into the driveway at any moment.

My hand pressed against the cold glass, but there wasn't a single car that drove by the entire time.

I don't know what I think is happening. I don't think he's dead; he just called me last night. But he didn't sound sober at all. It's not like him to get drunk, he's always told me how much he hates getting drunk. 

Even though something is happening with him, he still made sure to get me food to eat. That stuck with me.

"Sienna!" Milo's voice called out, making me remove my hand from the glass window.

I turned on my heels and headed toward the office, entering the room quickly. Milo stood up from the office chair and held my phone out for me to take, "I think I found where he is. I'm gonna go get him, you stay here-"

"No," I shook my head. "I'm coming with you."

He looked at me as if he were a parent thinking of a way to tell their child no. My eyes narrowed, "I'm his wife, I'm coming."

He looked to the side for a moment, his hand rubbing against his jawline. He nodded slightly, "Okay. But you have to be prepared for some shit to go down, I don't think Kingston is where he is by choice."

"I'm prepared."

A small smile spread across Milo's face, "Kingston would be thrilled to see you embracing your guys' marriage."

I rolled my eyes as we started exiting the room, "Shut up."

We stepped outside, walking toward Milo's car. The air was cold tonight, although maybe it was just my nerves making me shiver. The moon and stars were bright, with there being no clouds in the sky tonight. 

As we sped down the road, I asked, "Where do you think he is?"

"He called you from a motel payphone. Got the address of where it is, so that's where we're headed. But you need to stay in the car, okay? Something tells me he might not be alone."

I nodded hesitantly. 

The glow of a green neon motel sign slowly came into view, it flickering every couple of seconds. Milo pulled into the gravel parking lot, and there were no other cars besides one, which I assume was the receptionist.