Chapter 8: Fighting My Insecurities

Start from the beginning

"Like I asked.... Jack. What do you want from me?"

A mysterious grin formed on his lips as he focused his gaze on mine. He placed his hand on my thigh and squeezed it. I felt my heartbeats, racing a million times per second.

"I know you're not so innocent, so. I would just go straight to the point." With Jack's fixated grey eyes, he nibbled softly on his lower lips. I raised my gaze at him and felt his hot, minty breath against my skin. Then he tightened the grip. His fingers crawled up between my lap.

"It's been a week now. I'd had my eyes on you and I feel you're the one. You're the one for me, darling."

"As you can see, I'm heavily pregnant." I placed my hand on my belly and stared at his hand. "I have a husband."

"I know." He said reluctantly. "Your manager already told me about it."

"About what?"

"That your CEO husband ditched you. I'm sure he's with someone else as we speak so... Why don't you give me a chance? I want a serious relationship with you, Adeline."

"It's not Adeline." I corrected with held breaths. "My name is Adelaide."

"Oh, Adelaide it is." Jack blushed vividly. "That must have skipped my mind."

Abruptly, Jack's hand trailed on my breast. And he tenderly pressed my nipple into a circular motion. Even with my bra on, he knew exactly where to touch. I teased my head to the headrest and held unto my breath. Jack then grabbed my trembling shoulders firmly to make them steady. A hot sigh tore through my chest. He gently leaned in and to take a bite of the kiss.

In an instant, a rush of blood soared in my ears and my nails grabbed his raven black hair. I smashed his head out of the side window and it shattered on his head. Making him bleed from his forehead and nostrils.

"Ugh! Fuck you, bitch!" Jack grunted in pain and swiftly pulled a gun out of his glove box, I twisted his hand backwards.

"Look into my eyes, you motherfucker!" I grabbed the top of his shirt while he choked hard on his breaths. "I'm not your type and I would never be! If you do this again with me or with any of my colleagues. Without thinking twice, I would take your life. I'm a pregnant woman doesn't mean I'm an idiot!" I smashed his head against the steering wheel again and it made his car horn.

"Serious relationship, my foot!" I hissed at him and went back into Mac Donald's Restaurant, where I worked.

"We are you coming from? What took you so long" The manager, Mr. Willy, squinted his eyes at me. "Is that blood stain in your hand?"

About to answer him. I heard a loud ring in my ears as my vision suddenly turned blur. I held my head in pain and all I could hear was his echoing voice in my head.

"What's wrong with you? Are you okay?"

As I closed my eyes to gain stamina, the floor reeled before me and dark doodling clouded my vision.

A striking pain struck through my spine, and I felt the wetness between my legs. I didn't bother to look at it because I perceive the smell of blood.

I don't know what happened next. I just blacked out.

I woke up the next day, and Elvira brought me home. Immediately we got home, I took a seat on the sofa to rest, but the look on my friend's face looked different. As if it pissed her about something.

"Elvira, you look-"

"Don't call me, Ally!" she cut into my words. "Don't dare call my name! Tell me, what's your problem, woman? You've been acting weird since Damon ditched you! Honestly speaking, you are a disgrace to me. If you're not ashamed of this, I'm ashamed of you! Imagine my best friend working as a server!"