Chapter Twenty-One: Is This What It Feels Like To Be Heartbroken?

"What happend to the sexy Madeline?" The same blonde haired boy who called me hot yesterday asks me. I feel cheap knowing that people only take notice of you when you're wearing make up or dress nice. They don't see you for who you really are but your appearance.

"Shut up." I snarl and walk past him.

"Sassy I like it." He says from behind, I scoff and carry on walking. I decided last night before I went to sleep that I'm going back to my old normal self. I can't pretend to be strong Madeline when I'm going to end up crying once again. But I feel different today and I feel like I should talk to Colton. I can't stand not seeing him anymore, it's like I can't breathe, he's an anchor that's weighing me down. I told Brad about Casey and then he snapped. He got really mad and if he had seem him he would have done what Colton did to Casey but twice as worse. He also said that be thought there was something dodgy about him which is true. He freaking tried to kiss me!

I walk into homeroom and I feel all this weight on my shoulders weigh me down even more when I see Lydia with Troy and Lauren with Kyle. I feel my heart soar a little on the inside and then I plaster on a fake smile walking towards them. I mean they're happy so there's no reason why I can't be happy for them.

Kyles and Troys eyes widen when they see me. Yes I know I look terrible, I'm only wearing some black skinny jeans, a blue sweater and my tacky boots that are now worn out from camping.

"Hey." Lauren shoots me a small smile and I smile back. "Did you do it? Have you spoke to him yet?" Lauren asks as I pull up a chair next to her. I shake my head and she forces a smile.

"Do you want me to talk to him?" I look up from the ground and I'm surprised when it turns out to be Kyle. I shake my head but I have an urge to say something else. I feel grateful knowing that Kyle cares about his girlfriends best friend. I know very well that Kyle is a great friend of Coltons and is also on the football team.

"No it's okay but thanks Kyle." I tuck some hair behind my ear and he smiles. Lauren and Kyle honestly do deserve each other so much, Laurens herself when she's with him. She doesn't get embarrassed when he holds her hand in public or she doesn't get embarrassed when he tells her he's beautiful. But she's told me many times before they've had tons of arguments...

It's just weird to know that there's someone out there like you, who is so alike you and you'd risk anything to keep getting your fix.

The bell rings and we all walk to class, maths. I hate maths so much, it's another class with Colton in but luckily stupid, blonde haired, barbie girl, curly fried Brittany isn't in. God I hate her. I hate her so much.

We walk into maths and I sit in my usual seat if Colton doesn't like it he can move. I wave across to Lauren and Lydia and they wave back, their mouths drops when they look next to me. I turn to look where their eyes are and Casey's standing next to me.

"Madeline?" He says and I ignore him. What the hell does this psycho want?
"Madeline?" He repeats and I drop the pen from my hands.

"What do you want Casey?" I snap and he takes a seat next to me. "You're not sitting there."

"Why not?" He asks, is he really blind and stupid?

"Because she doesn't want you to." I look up and Kyles towering over Casey. "Look man... She doesn't want you to sit there so move. Got it? I'm pretty sure you don't want Colton involved do you?" Caseys eyes widen when Kyle mentions Colton and he shakes his head.

"It'll be our little secret." Kyle winks at Casey and Casey nods cowardly walking off. I flash a smile at Kyle for looking out for me once again.

"Thanks." I say to Kyle and he acknowledges me with a nod before walking over to Lauren. She's lucky to have a boyfriend who is so protective.