"What's the point in that?" She asks grinning as she jumps onto my messy bed.

"You know, just saving me from a heart attack." I mumble sarcastically, "how's everything at home?" I ask her as I sit down next to her.

Malia sighs, "same old, same old. Me and ol' dad are still trying to bond, but we have nothing to bond over aside from the fact I murdered my sister and mom. But he doesn't know that, obviously, so we mostly sit in silence."

"I'm sorry Malia that sucks," I say quietly.

"Meh, anyways when is Lydia getting here?" Malia asks changing the subject.

"In about three minutes," I say standing up from my bed to get my book, "do you want to borrow some clothes? You don't have to, what you're wearing will be fine but if you want to you can borrow something, we're probably the same size," I say absentmindedly as I move to the seat Melissa put into the corner of the room so I can use it for when I'm reading.

"Way ahead of you," Malia says smirking as she goes to my wardrobe and is already sifting through everything I own. 

I grin at her as I keep reading my book, Malia was so different to Lydia, Kira and even Allison and that's what made me like her so much. She just was so unfiltered she made Lydia look like she was a nice puppy. We had definitely bonded over our time in Eichen house and I loved that. 

— — — 

VOIDS POV

Isabella and I had been talking for hours down at the beach, and she had an enjoyable personality well enough, but she was so different to Malena for an attraction to stick. 

"Void's a bit of a funny name isn't it?" Isabella said giggling. 

I shrug, "not really, it's sort of a nickname I guess. But no one calls me my full name aside from people who don't like me." I say smiling, it wasn't a lie. No one called me Void aside from Malena and Scott and-co called me the Nogitusne.

"Where are you from in Cali? Clearly, you're not from around here." Isabella says changing the subject as she scoots closer to me, I let her. 

"Beacon Hills in Beacon County. It's a bit far away, but I just wanted a change of scenery." I say, yawning slightly. The questions were becoming boring.  

"Well, you should take me to see it, Beacon Hills I mean. My parents are away for a couple of months in Hawai, so I'm free." Isabella says, almost flirty. 

I look over to her and she's smiling at me and looking up at me through her eyelashes. I'm about to say no when something stops me again. Another wave of that power had no source that I could sense. 

"Sure," I say through a fake smile, "do you want me to take you home so you can pack some stuff?"

Isabella shakes her head, "Nah, I have everything I need." She says, she stands up and brushes her skirt down, "shall we?" She asks politely.

Resisting the urge to roll my eyes and walk off I smile and stand up. "We shall." 

— — — 

MALENAS POV

"Lydia, I suck at bowling." Kira moans as we pull up to the bowling alley. "Like really badly suck." 

Lydia smirks at Kira in the mirror, "you can manage ice skating, you'll be fine." 

"But, I sucked at that too. I'm too socially awkward for these sports." Kira murmurs under her breath.

Malia pats Kira on the shoulder in a sympathetic way and Kira smiles at her. 

"I don't know if I'll be able to partake in said bowling," I say to Lydia who is sitting next to me in the front seat.