29

MALENAS POV

More and more often, I would find myself trying to test my skills and break through the barriers that held me back from reaching my powers. But nothing seemed to work. It was almost like I had one small taste of power and someone decided that was enough and I was cut off. Like a tap of flowing water suddenly gone dry.

I flip onto my stomach as I'm lying on my bed. It was only depressing for me to think about the fact I might never see another glimpse of my powers again. I groan as I sit up to walk to my makeshift bookshelf because my big one is still at my house while I'm still staying with the McCall's and try to take my mind off the fact that I'm hopeless with a good book. My fingers trace the spines of all the books in the pile and I frown in confusion as I see that Les Mes was missing, I must've left it lying around. So I go to my other go-to comfort book, pride and prejudice.

I grin as I flop back down on my bed and begin to read. After about an hour of reading my phone goes off, I look up for a second but my phone was on my desk while I was on my bed, I couldn't be bothered getting up so I just ignored it. But then it went off again, then again and then again. I groan as I get up to get it.

"If only I had some sort of web-shooters," I mumble lazily as I walk to my phone in a bit of a huff.

I have once again been spammed with text messages from a new group chat.

Text Messages

We're all freaks now

Lydia <3: I am picking you all up and we're going bowling. You have no choice in it, again. We need to have some fun.

Fox-girl: Oh, do we have to Lydia? I'm out with Scott at the moment, I'll feel bad if I just leave him.

Lydia <3: Yes. You leave him and go back to your house or I'll drag you out by your ear

Fox-girl: Fine, can we invite Malia too?

Lydia <3: Sure, I don't care. Get Malena to ask her.

I sigh as I respond to the texts.

Me: Yup, doing it now. Lydia do you have a kidnapping kink or something?

Lydia <3: Shut up smart ass. Be there in 10 x

I move to my bed and put in Malia's landline number since she didn't have a cell just yet.

"Henry Tate speaking." A male voice croaks, I realise with a start that this is Malia's father.

"Hi sorry, is Malia there?" I ask nervously, there's a ruffling sound and a faint 'Malia! It's for you!"

"Yup?" A familiar voice asks.

"Hey, it's Malena. I was wondering if you wanted to come bowling with me, Lydia and Kira?" I say, picking at my bed sheet as I talk to her.

"Sounds fun, when can you pick me up? Or should I come to yours?" Malia asks and I hear more ruffling.

"Erm, maybe run to mine?" I say uncertain if Lydia would even consider picking Malia up.

"See you in 2 minutes," Malia says mischievously.

"But you live 30 minutes away-" I start but I'm cut off by the ring tone letting me know she hung up.

I move back to my closet grinning slightly as I open the doors to try and find something to wear. I decided on a beacon hills high school hoodie that belonged to my dad and a pair of leggings.

Just as Malia said she was there in exactly 2 minutes. She jumped through my window, not even panting or sweating.

"Fuck!" I screamed as she tapped me on the shoulder. "Jesus Christ Malia, a little warning next time?" I ask holding a hand over my heart.