34

MALENAS POV

As I walked out of homeroom with Scott and Void Isabella hung behind to talk to the teacher. As soon as we were out of sight of her I turn to Void.

"Explain," I said coldly. Scott looks at me confused. I love Scott dearly but sometimes he's a little dense.

Void shrugs his shoulders. "What do you want me to explain?" He asks his lips quirked up into a smirk.

"So you bought home an exchange student but instead of taking her to your house you put her in mine like it's a halfway home?" I ask my glare piercing him.

Scott gasps at that. "You took her to Malena's house?" He asks shocked.

"And forgot to mention it to me so when I went home the other day she was sitting at my counter eating my cornflakes," I say as I tilt my head to the side. Scott gapes at Void.

"Do you have a death wish?" He whispers.

Void shrugs again. "It's not like you're staying there. Plus, your parents told me I could stay over whenever I wanted." He says grinning.

"Yea no. They told Stiles that. And right now I can't tell if your him or not." I say disapprovingly.

A flicker of hurt crosses his face and for a second I come to a halt because this might be Stiles. But it's gone as soon as it appeared. Void rolls his eyes at me and turns back to the door to wait for Isabella.

Scott turns back to me, "well, she seems nice enough." He says simply. Now it's my turn to gape at him.

"Really? You really think so?" I ask trying not to sound shocked.

Scott nods and smiles at me. "I think it's super nice you want to be friends with her. It's like when Allison first got here and nobody knew her."

I facepalm myself and drag Scott to our next class as Isabella and Void stray behind us. She reached up onto her tiptoes to kiss his cheek and I hold back a gag.

Honestly, how did this girl have everyone wrapped around her finger?

Surely this is a prank or something that isn't true. Maybe this is someone's stupid idea of making my life even worse after Isaac and Allison. I shake the idea from my head as I sit down in my French class as Scott rushes down the hall to his Spanish class. I settle into my seat and resist the urge to turn back into my seat and see if Allison is sitting at our old bench in the back. I pull out my workbook and put in my headphones and put on the album Red by Taylor Swift.

The page we are currently working on is love. I mouth the words quietly to myself as the teacher begins to teach.

Je t'aime, Je nous aime

Tu me manques, Nous nous manquons

I mouth over and over again. Eventually, I feel a light tap on my shoulder and I turn to see a sheepish looking Allison. I raise an eyebrow and turn back to my pages. She taps my shoulder again and has a pleading look in her eyes. I sigh as I pull my headphones out and look at her.

"Yes?" I ask sarcastically.

Allison sighs as she sits down next to me. "I'm...sorry." She says looking me directly in the eye. "I'm sorry for what I did. I'm sorry for the way I've acted. I'm sorry for the way I have hurt you. I'm so so sorry. If I could take it all back..." She trails off and takes a deep breath. "I would. I swear it. You've been nothing but welcoming and kind to me ever since I got here and I just destroyed everything we had and I'm so sorry."

I look at her confused. "So...you're apolgisng?" I asked a little confused by what bought this on. She nods and I look at her regarding her facial expressions. She does seem sorry.