Chapter 3

My eyes gently opened, and I was surprised to find where I was. I was on a very soft and massive bed with quilted Egyptian cotton covers.  The bedroom was not my own, comparably it was as large as my living room and kitchen together. A beautiful and elegant, medium sized chandelier hung daintily in the middle of the glossy wood lined ceiling.

To my right was a cosy modern fireplace and double doors leading to a sparkling ensuite bathroom. A large bedside lamp was on each side of the bed, and two framed paintings were behind the bed post. Then I felt something heavy shift against my leg.

A mop of dark blonde curls snuggled against my right arm. Letting out a shriek, I thumped Leo Gallagher on the head with my left fist. Immediately he sprung up and glared at me, “what the hell is your problem?” He scowled, rubbing his head drowsily.

“Why are you here?” I yelled at him.

He gave me an incredulous look,“why can’t I be in my own house?”

My blood ran cold. “Your house?” I repeated his words. Leo Gallagher nodded slowly, as if I was mentally defected. “And why am I in your house?” I treaded carefully with my words. He exhaled, like answering me was a waste of his time.

“Do you have memory loss or something?” He enquired, arching his eyebrows.

“Just answer the bloody question!” I snapped back.

“Halfway through punching me again, you fainted.....In my arms.” He finished, glancing at me in distaste. “My favourite Giorgio Armani custom made sweater, ruined because you were drenched in toilet water.”

I rolled my eyes at his words, I mean really! And whose fault was it, that I was drenched in toilet water? Who did he think he is, talking to me like that, when he was the one who caused all this in the first place? The bed was so comfortable I felt like sleeping. But for the little pride I had left, I could not.

Throwing the covers aside, I turned to leave. Halfway across the room in my classic black converses, Leo Gallagher stopped me. With his voice of course. He wouldn’t dare touch me even with a feather with those dainty hands of his.

He made that point from his facial expressions before, loud and clear! “I’ve already had someone contact your parents, we have organised for you to stay the night.” He said solemnly.

“What?” I shouted in disbelief.

“The maids will be serving you dinner at seven, to your room.” He paused, walking towards the door. “Your house is also exactly on the other side of town. But if you really want to go, no one’s stopping you.” Leo Gallagher added, giving me a wary look before leaving.

That son of a bastard!” I fumed. I was so thoroughly insulted I could not speak.

I dug my hands into my pockets for my cell phone. Quizzically I looked at my clothes, I had no pockets. Why don’t I have any pockets? Then I realised I was wearing a pink nightgown instead of my school uniform. I was about to scream, when I noticed my uniform clean and folded neatly at the bottom end of the bed.

My heart beat calmed down and upon locating my cellphone, I rung my home number; “Hi, this is the Aries family, we’re not available at the moment, but please leave a message and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.” I hung up, it was 6:41pm at the moment, why was nobody home? I dialled Fern’s number, “Hi I’m Fern, I’m not here right now, but leave me a message after the beep. Love ya.” I groaned in defeat. Going home was not possible, since no one was home anyway. I wrung my head in my hands and gave in to the temptation of sleeping.