CHAPTER 9

AN: Hi I'm sorry for how long this took. I've gone to sleep past 12 a.m. everyday because of school, and couldn't bring my laptop on vacay :/. hope you enjoy!

*Percy*

"Thanks Bruce," I said, icing my bruise legs. Natasha looked like she was in a trance, her dancing captivating. So captivating, in fact, that I didn't even notice her effortlessly pick up a chair, spinning faster and faster and flinging it at me. Then it was boxes before I escaped. I had some cuts on my forehead, a pounding headache, and an aching body, but other than that, nothing was affecting me physically.

Mentally, the vision kept appearing, persistently pushing at the front of my mind. Annabeth's words, the visuals, the red tinting the vision. But, the red wasn't there before, was it? I vacantly walked back to my room after Bruce cleared me, and plopping down on my bed. I felt like I had to tell someone, so I called Hazel and Frank. I, once again, rummaged through my shoe box of items, and pulled out a drachma.

 "Hey Fleecy, do me a solid. Call Hazel and Frank," I said, creating some mist to contact them. Tossing the coin in, I found Hazel and Frank in hazel's cabin, Hazel drawing in a sketchbook and frank reading a book. Hazel was the first to notice, and her face lit up.

"PERCY!" she squealed, drawing Frank's attention away from his book. Her wide grin made me feel more at ease immediately, and Frank's kindred eyes made the tension leave my shoulders. "We heard about Sokovia from Hermes. Are you okay?" Frank worriedly asked.

"I'm fine, but I do have to say something weird happened," I said, further explaining my vision. Frank protectively wrapped an arm around Hazel's waist, pulling her close when I was done. "The only thing that might make sense about what happened is that Steve said there was a second enhanced. A girl. he didn't mention what she could do, but it my only conclusion," I couldn't rack my memory for a buttress to my statement, but something felt off.

"Well whatever made you think about that can ede faecum," Hazel murmured, shocking Frank and I. Hazel realized that we heard, and turned crimson red. "Percy, your theory does make sense, but how would she do that?" Hazel pushed on, toying with a coil of her hair.

"I have no idea. I just felt like I needed to tell someone," I confessed, mind going back to the tint of red. Was it real? Part of the illusion. "I'm also pretty sure Tony got one too," I admitted, extracting shocked faces from the couple.

"He called Bruce and I into his lab today, and explained his plan for 'Ultron'. Apparently, Loki's scepter had a powerful gem, but one that could be broken into code. Even more advanced than J.A.R.V.I.S. Bruce and I shot him down, but he still seemed inclined, and I have no idea why he was so adamant about it. He said it'd be like 'armor around the world', and I understand where he's coming from, but that's an awful idea overall," I explained.

They seemed to consider it, and backed up my thoughts. I heard footsteps from the hallway, and I said my goodbyes to them. Natasha sheepishly pushed my door open, giving me a small smile. "Hey Nat," I said, scanning her for any injuries. None seemed present except that she was walking with an intense limp.

"Hi Perc. I just came to apologize for earlier," Nat said, grimacing at the pain in her feet. I patted the spot next to me on my floor, which she gratefully accepted. We sat in silence for a few minutes, just enjoying the other's company. "Y'know, you have nothing to apologize for," I said, breaking our silence.

She looked at me with curiosity. "Go on," she requested. I sucked in a deep breath. "It's something that you do to cope, and though it may be unhealthy, it helps you anchor yourself to somewhere you feel safe. Familiar. I know the feeling. In Tartarus, I basically blood-bended Achlys, and I felt powerful, and felt familiar with using my powers in an unfamiliar environment. But, when I saw how I made my most beloved person reacted to seeing me turn into a monster, I pulled out, and felt familiar with her. Loved ones are the answer here Widow," I explained, managing my ADHD with an iron fist. I was thinking about French toast nearly the entire time. Why is it French?