CHAPTER 5

A/N: Hi, I'm sorry haven't felt motivated, but next chapter will be good! I'll probably write tons tmr, so keep a close eye on this! 

*Steve*

"Why do you all look so sad? We should be partying!" Thor confusingly looked at us, our faces either grim or our eyes wide as dinner plates. Or in Banner's case, both.

"Hey, if your gods are real, are other mythologies real as well?" Tony asked.

"Yes, I thought that'd be obvious to you mortals!" Thor boomed, smiling at us like a dumb jock. The nice dumb jock though.

"So, what does Zeus want with Percy?" I wondered out loud, when I noticed something strange. At the mention of Percy, Thor paled. Natasha and I exchanged a glance.

"Perseus Jackson?" Thor sputtered.

"Yes. How do you know this kid?" Natasha asked, leaning on one of the gray loveseats.

"Well, he's certainly not the hero of Olympus or one of the seven. Nothing like that!" Thor nervously rambled, then screwed his eyes shut when he realized what he said.

"We have to go talk to this kid," Bruce said, and for probably the first time in months, we were all in completely agreement.

-Hey, I know Micheal was like Apollo cabin counselor for a few days, but say hi to him-

*Percy*

I locked the doors when I came back into my room, nearly crying at the reminder of Olympus. The Olympians took so much from me, and now they want more? It's barely been 72 hours! Can't they lift a finger for once in their life?

Taking some shuddering breaths, I willed the tears back because heroes don't cry. Even if their other half is gone. Even if the one person who's been with him through it all, besides his mom, has passed. Even if I'll never see her beautiful bouncing blonde curls again. Or her daring gray eyes.

No. Heroes are strong, and strong willed. Toughen up loser. Be the heroes they say you are. 

Calming myself, I summoned some from the cup on my bedside table, and contorted it into shapes of butterflies, dragons, and pegasi. The knock from my door sent a shudder through my body, mostly because I was leaning against it. Quickly depositing the water back in its cup, I opened the doors to see all six Avengers there. Including Thor.

"Perseus, long time no see!" Thor boomed, smiling so wide I'm shocked his face didn't break at the seams.

"Hey, good to see you Thor! How's Asgard?" I asked, bro-hugging him. The other Avengers stood there with a shocked expression painting all of their faces. Tony's was my favorite because he was posing like that painting, The Scream. Literally, like, hands on the face and everything. 

"Oh just fine. Loki's locked up and all, but, it's good! How's Magnus' cousin, Annabeth? Did you two finally get together?" Thor asked, his face morphing into confusion when mine sobered.

"Well, when we were fighting Gaea last week, Arachne came to play. Let's just say, spider bites led to inability to actually consume anything, which led to her- She's down in Elysium with Leo," I said, releasing a small sigh. 

"Perseus, all of Asgard sends its condolences. She was a great hero," Thor said, his hand on my shoulder and the other spread far in front of him, like he was painting the world a picture of my fallen hero.

"Okay, WHAT IS GOING ON?" Tony screeched, looking between us.

"Well, I guess it's time to come clean. Let's have this conversation over dinner. I'm starving," I said, turning to the kitchen and hoping no one saw my grief struck face.

-Pollux has a special request. Say hi to Castor please-

*Tony*

"So Percy, let's get your backstory rolling," I said, shoving more shawarma into my mouth.

The others nodded in agreement. We ordered take out, and the moment it arrived, we've all been eating in silence. Percy heaved a sigh, slightly smiling.

"Okay. You see this water?" Percy asked, lifting up his cup. We all nodded again, scrutinizing Percy's gleeful expression. Thor chuckled, grinning like a madman. "Well, you see it," he said, flicked his wrist and the water flew up surrounding his arm but never touching it. "Now you still see it, but you're trying to rationalize it," he smiled at our shocked faces.

"What sorcery is this?" Steve demanded, like he wasn't staring in awe at Percy's feats.

"Not sorcery-Poseidon blood pumping through my veins. Plus, I didn't even take out a potion," Percy deadpanned. 

"Poseidon. Is that your father? The one that got 'lost at sea'?" Nat asked, lifting an eyebrow. 

"Yeah, actually. Normally on the rare occasions I tell people they're a lot more shocked. Why aren't you guys?" Percy asked, looking between us.

"Well, ever since Thor touched down, I thought there had to be other gods from other mythologies. You're just proof of that," Nat confessed, shrugging like she just was saying 'I don't know'. But Natasha always knows. Always.

"Okay, okay, I get it. Look, I didn't want to be a half blood," Percy started, immediately snagging all our attention to his wonderous tales, and tragic experiences.

-Thalia asked me to ask you if you could say hi to Zoe. Please?-

"And then, you guys summoned me here," Percy finished after five hours. No one's attention slid to anything else the entire time, rapt by his stories. Of him and Annabeth, Grover, Nico, Leo, Hazel, Frank, Jason, Piper, Thalia, and Rachel. Annabeth. That was his girlfriend. His lover. His best friend.

"Wow," Clint said, breaking the silence that hung over the group. Percy's eyes were dry, but only his. Everyone else sobbed, even Thor who probably never knew the full extent of his adventures.

"I'm gonna ease my pain by categorizing your guy's godly parents. Okay, Clint, you're obviously a child of Apollo, Nat, you're a daughter of Athena, Tony you're a son of Hephaestus, Steve you're-hmm- you seem like an Ares child, Bruce you're also an Athenian. Thor, the obvious choice is Zeus, but you also kinda give my Dionysus vibes," Percy rambled, drinking some water. 

"So, you're the kid of an ancient god, there's an entire camp of you guys, and there are also Roman kids?" Bruce said, his eyes wide, trying to process all of the information.

"Yup," Percy said, popping the 'P'.

"Were you not listening Banner? He got kidnapped and brought to the roman camp. That's where he met Hazel, Frank, and Reyna. And fucking Octavian," I fangirled, making my signature 'duh' face. Nat and Steve laughed at that, Bruce's scowl expanding.

"There are also Egyptian gods, but they don't mingle really. Their sorcerers are a different story, and they can have different patrons," Percy mentioned offhandedly, like he was saying "1+1=2". As if sensing everyone's unease, he said, "How about you guys get some rest. Maybe it'll be clearer in the morning. And, if I'm in the water, I'm not drowning, so worry not."

-Hi. This is for Annabeth, wise girl. We love you-

*Percy*

While sleeping my bed, I didn't actually sleep. It was more of a semi-state, where I was still lucid, but was definitely asleep. How did I know? When Clint and Natasha were talking in the vents above my room, of course. "What are we gonna do with Percy? Should we train with him, train him?" Clint asked from above, his voice carrying to the vent in my room.

"No, didn't you hear him? He's prepared for practically anything, including war. We have a mission in a week, so we can bring him on that. We found where the Tesseract is being held. We should rest up," Natasha said, shocking me with the news. The Tesseract was what Loki used, and if we're retrieving it, that must mean something's gonna happen. Retrieval missions always go wrong. Example? Well, let's start with the first four quest I've been on.